Non navi to navi

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Boardslidej
Car: 2008 g35 x

I have a 2008 g35x non-navigation. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to convert it into having Navi. Wondering if I could buy the new radio set up that has Navi and hook it up or is the car not equipped to handle that. Any help would be appreciated.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICOclub!
Gilley wrote:If you want navigation you're going to be better off replacing the radio with a double DIN unit with navigation. You can't just add the factory navigation and plug it into the stock harness. The harnesses are different between navi cants and non navi cars. It can be done with a lot of schematic reading and wire hacking.

My 03 sedan has 172k on the motor and automatic tranny and it still runs strong. I replaced the valve cover gaskets and the spark plug gaskets (only on one side) 1300 miles ago and the top of the motor was still really clean.
This is just a partial diagram of everything needed to do an OEM navi install. As mentioned above, if you want an in-dash solution, your best option is to replace the head unit, otherwise just get a portable unit and call it a day.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”