Noisy A/C-Heater interior fan.....

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
nuQ
Car: 2003 M45.
2009 Dodge Caliber SXT

Some may remember me from approx. 4-5 years ago, right before I put my 90Q into storage. Well, she's back on the road and I am in the process of rehabbing all the issues of sitting that long.

I've done a search, but failed to find any answers to a very noisy blower fan that gets louder as the fan speed increases. It did not make this noise before storing it, but, although the A/C and heat is fine, the fan gets extremely loud---sounds like a 'buzz' that gets progressively louder.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Hey there, Welcome back, well actually welcome as I was not around here when your parked the Q.

If the car has been sitting that long it is highly likely that the bearings in the blower motor are dry. If it were my car I would pull it out and with the best precision possible shoot the top and bottom of the shaft with some wd-40, try to stay clear of the motor windings but don't stress it too bad.

I did this on my J when I first got it and was lucky to not hear from that pricey motor again.

Best of Luck.

nuQ
Car: 2003 M45.
2009 Dodge Caliber SXT

Thanks for the input,,,I'm glad it's not something that requires a big fix and replacing parts. I do have reservations about ripping apart my dash to get to the blower,,,it seems like I can never get it to go back to original. Is this a very involved project? Is there another thread that gives a step by step procedure? I do have the original 1990 FSM and looked through that, but it doesn't go into much detail with pulling the blower motor out...... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

There's an excellent writeup in this thread. I suspect your noise is debris in the fan area that will be easy to find when you pull the fan assembly.

a-c-problem-with-g50-anyone-had-this-t262029.html

Heath

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”