Noise when I turn

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
junliw1975

Hello Guys:

I have Rouge 2008 SL, just recently I noticed there is a kind of "plastic squize" noise everytime when I turn. It also sounds like "cricuit short" noise too. I am not sure what it is and she didn't make that noise when I took her to the dealer last week.

I am just wondering if anyone has experiece the same noise?

Thanks

Rocket J Dawg
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Premium Package

Well...given that the weather has turned cold, it could be the steering wheel gasket that seals the airbag assembly in the back of the steering wheel. I had the same problem on my Vibe and Grand Cherokee. Once the interior warmed up the problem went away. Now...if it seems to be coming from the front end.....take it back to the dealer.

philipa_240sx

There is a TSB out for squeaking noises from the shifter. This could be the cause of the noise. You can find it in the The Official Rogue FAQ. Look for technical service bulletins near the top of the thread.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I had the squeeking noise in my steering column whenever I turned the wheel, so I took it to the dealer and they had to order a "spiral cable" part, and replaced it on warranty.

But, now I'm annoyed because the noise is starting to come back and it is really annoying.

mlmcgahee
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5s

I had the same noise. The dealer stated that the rubber boot in the steering column was twisted. They fixed the boot and lubbed it and I have had no more problems.

Return to “Rogue Forum”