Noise on start up.

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
302@12psi

I know the first thing people will do is copy and paste the Fuel Pump issue but I think this is different.

When my car has sat for 2 days (or more) and when I go to start it I get this awful rattle noise from the rear hatch area. It lasts until I put it in gear and when I get to the stop sign about 100 yards away from my parking spot it will start again.

It almost sounds like something is lose in the back hatch. I have the security cover and it's "opened" and secured to the latch system. There is nothing else in the hatch.

Oddly enough this doesnt happen every time I start the car. It's only when it has sat for awhile.

Any ideas?

I also think I have the Fuel Pump issue on start up but it's not all the time. Sometimes I hear the loud "hum" and others I dont. I do not think this is the same noise as the noise I have is more like a plastic bag in the wind noise.

gloa2000
Car: 04 Maxima SL, 08 EX35 LuxNav

302@12psi wrote:I know the first thing people will do is copy and paste the Fuel Pump issue but I think this is different.

When my car has sat for 2 days (or more) and when I go to start it I get this awful rattle noise from the rear hatch area. It lasts until I put it in gear and when I get to the stop sign about 100 yards away from my parking spot it will start again.

It almost sounds like something is lose in the back hatch. I have the security cover and it's "opened" and secured to the latch system. There is nothing else in the hatch.

Oddly enough this doesnt happen every time I start the car. It's only when it has sat for awhile.

Any ideas?

I also think I have the Fuel Pump issue on start up but it's not all the time. Sometimes I hear the loud "hum" and others I dont. I do not think this is the same noise as the noise I have is more like a plastic bag in the wind noise.
this thing happened on my 04 Maxima, when i took it in for service they told me one of the nuts were missing in the exhaust system making the joint tap each other. Most likely it sounds like warranty issue so let us know.

302@12psi

It hasnt happened recently so I'm going to assume it's something I had in the hatch area. If it starts up again I'll post and have it looked at.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”