noise from suspension

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
ferdie1
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra

I have a Nissan Sentra 2007 2.0 l S. Makes an anoying noise when hitting bumps. I changed struts on front and shocks on rear. I seems to be coming from drivers side. I looked under neath and the only thin that looks weird is called an engine mount torque strut. Its located below the shock. Looks like it just beats around in a hole. Is that supposed to be that way.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

There should be bushing material around it to dampen the movements of the engine. I'm not familiar with the nuances of the newer Sentra, but I have troubles imagining how the materials could deteriorate so much as to be non-existent in just 10 years. I suppose you could temporarily remove that entire brace and drive over some bumps to verify that the clunk indeed disappears, then put it back or have it replaced.

I'd have a close look at the lower control arms as well. Bushings wearing out in there can lead to play and clunk, especially in those ball joint style ones (maybe they're not quite ball joints, but I don't know what else to call them, on the end that goes to the chassis, not the wheel).

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”