Noise from engine??

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
TXSJaybird

Hey guys,

I have noticed an odd noise coming from the engine or the engine compartment. It defintately isnt normal.

Its only on acceleration, under load. The best I can describe it as:

A higher pitched, almost ringing sound, not a squeak really, but more low.

I only hear if it the window is down (so it might have been doing it all along) Anyway, its loud enough that I hear it over the engine.

Of course I will be taking it in to the dealer sometime soon......just wondering if anyone has similar experiences.

Thanks-

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Dozer42 wrote:The only strange noise I get is when turning the wheel at very low speeds, like 5mph, there's kind of a barely noticable grinding noise. Could just be tire noise though.
Yes, wide tires tend to do this. I would be concerned if it is really loud, but not if it is barely audible.

Z

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

Jay,

I haven't heard any complaints about the noise you're hearing. My suggestion would be to contact the dealer you bought the car from and try to schedule a test drive with one of the technicians so they can hear the sound that you do. Make sure you have the technician ride with you instead of just dropping the car off and hoping they fix it. Reason being that this noise could be normal to the point where a mechanic won't even notice it unless you point it out.

I'd bet money that it's something very minor that you shouldn't be concerned about.

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

Dozer42 wrote:Ours hasn't exhibited any such noise.

The only strange noise I get is when turning the wheel at very low speeds, like 5mph, there's kind of a barely noticable grinding noise. Could just be tire noise though.
This is normal on models with rear active steer.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Ev_eezy wrote:This is normal on models with rear active steer.
Ah! A better explanation than mine. Thanks, Evan!

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”