Noise @ 1000 rpm on 2014 maxima

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Joem12
Car: 2014 nissan maxima

Getting nose at between 900 and 1000 rpms. Sounds like its coming from firewall and dash. Can’t hear it on outside.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Okay, welcome to NICO Club!

Feel free to elaborate, we don't charge by the letter here. :chuckle: I hear noises all the time, but they are supposed to be there! :crazy: What does it sound like? When does it make noise? If you can create the noise predictably, what are you doing to make the noise? Are you driving or just revving the car in a parked position?

It could be your heater/ ac blower motor... among a bunch of other things. We just need more info (I can't hear the noise from my desk).

Also, you're car is pretty new so have you taken it to the dealership under your warranty? Has any mechanic work been performed on the car recently?

Joem12

The noise that I'm describing sounds likes a vibration or gurgling. At happens when I accelerate slowly and only happens in the drive postion. It doesn't make the noise in reverse. I have taken it to the dealer. They could hear to noise inside the vehicle but not outside the vehicle. They checked the under side of the car and couldn't find anything loose. No noise once you get passed 1000 rpms. It seem the noise is louder when the car is warmed up. Could it be something to do with the transmission? I know it's not the heater blower. It defintly sounds like it's coming from inside the care between dash and firewall. I might take it to another nissan dealer.

Thanks

Joem12

The noise that I'm describing sounds likes a vibration or gurgling. At happens when I accelerate slowly and only happens in the drive postion. It doesn't make the noise in reverse. I have taken it to the dealer. They could hear to noise inside the vehicle but not outside the vehicle. They checked the under side of the car and couldn't find anything loose. No noise once you get passed 1000 rpms. It seem the noise is louder when the car is warmed up. Could it be something to do with the transmission? I know it's not the heater blower. It defintly sounds like it's coming from inside the care between dash and firewall. I might take it to another nissan dealer.

Thanks

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”