no voltage to headlights

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
tw

I found your site while looking for parts, nice site.I have an electrical problem,thought some one might be able to help.I have a 74 620 standard cab 4 speed L18 motor.I had all the lights working,but now the head lights are'nt working.Using a volt meter there is'nt enough voltage to register on the meter.If you use a probe the light is very dim compared to all the other checks. Any help on this problem would be appreciated.

Thank you

TW

Bicyclebuilder

Sounds like you might have a dead short in the wireing some where. If you changed the fuse and it's still dim. Then you have a short or a bad light switch.

Mike

phiz

More possible, er....probable solutions here:

http://www.nwde.org/extras/forum/forum_ ... p?TID=4615

lancekilgore

check the wiring at the head light switch.  Mine gave me problems at first untill I got some wd 40 into it and it started working fine.  haw are the marker lights?

Lance

Return to “Datsun 620”