No symptoms; head gasket suspension G37

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
v36vhr
Car: 2011 Infiniti G37

I have an old race motor that I purchased and tuned up. Water pump, gallery gasket, etc. never removed heads nor rear timing cover. It’s been driving great for over a year. Today when doing my oil change I noticed my oil was a little “milky”. Not ideal. I took a peep at my heads and I could see not leakage but coolant corrosion seeping from the heads and block. Bank one and two. I have 0 symptoms or concerns of overheating, low coolant, smoke etc. I’m running a leak down and compression tomorrow just for the hell of it. I’ll most likely pull it back out and do an entire rebuild. Has anyone seen a failure like this one ? I’ll post a picture.. are my cooling mods (radiator + thermostat) hiding the effects of the bad H.G,?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Don't know how much you drive it or what climate you live in, but if it's a weekend warrior that makes a lot of short trips and never fully warms up, it could just be a condensation problem. PCV's don't work very efficiently with cold oil in the crank.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”