No Start on '90 240 Air,spark,Fuel no go

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
driftn240
Car: umm, cars, computers, car audio

I have a'90 240 with the KA24E. I've Recentlydone the head gasket, timing chain set, and new distributor (hitatchi). I have good spark, good air flow, fuel pressure, and fuel in the rail, but the injectors don't seem to be firing. The car starts off spraying ether in the throttle body but won't stay running. tested my ecm on a known running '90 240 and that car started right up, so my ecm should be fine. I've never heard of all 4 injectors going bad at once. I've already spent around $1,000, and 6 days under the hood to get this thing running with no luck. I'm stumped on this one. If anyone has {any} ideas they would be greatly appreciated.:mad:

GodDrivesA240sx
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

driftn240 wrote:I have a'90 240 with the KA24E. I've Recentlydone the head gasket, timing chain set, and new distributor (hitatchi). I have good spark, good air flow, fuel pressure, and fuel in the rail, but the injectors don't seem to be firing. The car starts off spraying ether in the throttle body but won't stay running. tested my ecm on a known running '90 240 and that car started right up, so my ecm should be fine. I've never heard of all 4 injectors going bad at once. I've already spent around $1,000, and 6 days under the hood to get this thing running with no luck. I'm stumped on this one. If anyone has {any} ideas they would be greatly appreciated.:mad:

Maybe your timing is off. is it going like er errreh eeeeeeerh er er eerrh as you hold the ign switch on? Hmmm but it starts with ether...maybe the spray being so concentrated is enough to cause it to fire but then dies cause of no more ether. Hell I dunno...check your timing if you want, no one else seems to know :)

driftn240
Car: umm, cars, computers, car audio

thanks for the thought but as I said II've just done the timeing set and I started with Initial time to make certain when I did it. I could always check the time again thow. I've also just ordered venoms pyhton injectors see what happens once I do that. thanks for the idea

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”