No start? Fuel is present, help appreciated.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
krystalized_jdm
Car: 2009 Rogue SL AWD
1993 Eunos Roadster

Hello forum, I have been a longtime viewer of the forum when I had my r32. I now have an 09 Rogue SL AWD.

Car has been running OK lately, sometimes it would sputter when sitting still at the light. (In drive, foot on brake, not moving) I pulled into the driveway the other day and before I turned it off, it sputtered pretty bad and then I turned it off. Going to start it the next day, it won't start at all. Cranks fine, but does not fire. If I hold throttle half way, it will sputter and attempt to start but will not get up and running.

I first thought fuel was the culprit, however I pulled the rear seat out. I can hear the fuel pump prime and it sounds 100% normal. I pulled the line off after priming pump (Redneck way of seeing if fuel pressure) and instantly fuel exploded everywhere. Fuel pressure seems more than fine. I then took off the coilpacks and changed the spark plugs. They didn't look too bad, but changing is always a good measure. I replaced them with Bosch spark plugs (I verified part # is the same as the ones I replaced)

Whats left is timing and coilpacks. I ohm tested the coilpacks, all 4 have the same ohm reading on the + (Positive) to Ground. Two have 26M ohms on the trigger to +/- and the other two have 13M ohms from the trigger to +/-.

I cannot find anywhere online that would say what the readings should be, and although unlikely, maybe two coilpacks s*** the bed at the same time?

Not sure where to go from here, next would be tearing it apart to check if im in time. Any input is appreciated. Thank you forum

KoiMaxx
Car: 2017 Rogue SL AWD

You might have to get the injectors checked out. Do you have an OBD reader to get a better idea on what's going on?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I have the same vehicle.

Also remembered a sputtering phase a couple of times.

Got codes too, but forgot. Somewhere in the forum, cuz I posted about it.

Try these should cure it.

A) clean oxygen sensor.

B) clean throttle plate.

+1 on the fuel injectors.

C) use bottle of Techron.

D) use BK44.

These fuel injection cleaners actually help my first missing orange bar on my fuel display to finally appear after missing for 10 years.

I was just living with this because I didn’t want the dealer to tear my fuel tank apart and creating another problem.

Too many horror stories about other owners tearing fuel tank apart more than once and still not fixed.

I get all orange bars on 99% of time now instead of 0% for the last decade.

By the way, my rogue runs really smooth now.
As long as you change oil of course, cvt fluid, transfer and differential fluid.

Your rogue should run very smooth, no hesitation, and like new.

I can’t even tell my engine is on unless I look at the rpms.

Can’t even feel any vibration on my steering wheel.

Almost feels like an electric car even.

That’s what the rogue felt like when I first drove it.

Like a golf cart with these cvts.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Check for codes like other said.

Check and clean your MAF sensor.

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

If your coil packs or spark plugs are bad that will often cause a misfire which will set a code and turn your engine light on. Read your codes, a decent code reader on amazon is less than $100.

Return to “Rogue Forum”