No spark

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
janel240

I just rewired my s13 sr20det with the ARC 8000D relay board and switch panel. I tried to start it today and it cranks but isn't getting any spark. The issue I had with removing the relay and fuse boxes was that there were some plugs on the engine harness that went to them.

I wired:

a 12volt constant to the thick blue/red wire going to the injectors

12volt constant to the wire outside of the sheath of the maf

12volt to the black/yellow wire on the iacv plug

12volt to the ecu power and ecu backup power wires from the ecu

From what I understand the CAS 12v power wire is the black/white wire? If so I am not getting any power and if I add in a 12v wire to the black/white wire nothing happens.

Any ideas?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Wow, custom wiring with a custom relay board. Sounds like fun. Of course if I ever had issues with it all, I'd be asking the person who made up all the custom work. I'm guessing and kind of expecting that is you. Anyway, you are running power to the shielding for the MAF signal wire? What's up with that?

janel240

The maf has 3 wires, 2 in the sheath and 1 outside. When I was pulling my engine harness, the wire outside of the sheath on the maf (green i believe) was attached to a relay in the relay panel. Which apparently is the 12v constant to the maf.

Anyway, I am asking for help because I am not getting any spark to my coil packs and I am not sure if there is something I did not provide power to.

janel240

Sorry, I am not sure how to edit my original post but the blue/red wire was for the coil pack harness not the injectors

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”