No sound from speakers at all W/ New pioneer Avic D3 - 95 Path

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
JebsNYCQ45
Car: 1994 q45

Just wondering if anyone can help me out. i just bought a 95 pathfinder in pretty good condition with the exception of the radio and speakers. I bought a brand new pioneer avic d3 in dash navigation unit. i took my time installing it and i believe everything went good until the end.

My problem is this : Im not getting any sound out of the speakers whatsoever, my back up camera wont work - Pioneer ND-BC2 - And im having a problem finding the vehicle speed sensor wire to hook up my radio to it.

I have read some of the articles on the clarion amps and what not but i dont think i have them..

Once more its a 1995 nissan pathfinder. fully loaded with almost every option i can think of......

Please if anyone can help i would be greatly appreciative

kg03
Car: 1999 Q45 & 1997 Qx4

do you have the premium sound system or the standard?Which model radio did you remove from the dash?

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

I don't believe that the 1995 pathfinder had an option of stereo. It's the 96-04 that are either Bose or non-Bose.... Can't help you though. I have a Pioneer but it worked first try

pathfinder_se_black
Car: 2000 pathfinder, FG2 civic si

i would recomend an external amplifier for the speakers.

seanc84
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE

I am guessing since you have it loaded that you might have a premium sound system (i.e. Bose). If you do, that is going to be part of your problem. The reason is that Bose runs at a different ohm level (usually 2ohms), rather than most systems that run at (4ohms etc), and then on top of that they put preamps with each speaker. The factory radio that was in their (if it was a Bose system) is specifically designed to run at the Bose ohm load. So in short, replacing the factory deck sometimes can cause you to get no sound because it not sending the right current. But there is an answer! There are a couple of different companies ( PAC parts, and Peripheral), that make adapters so that you can use that aftermarket deck. They range in price but sometimes arent more than 80 bucks. They allow you to integrate the system. (When in doubt double check if you need it by visiting a stereo store...if its a quality one like a Sound Advice, Tweeter, or SoundFX to name a few, they will take a look at it free and get you the piece you need put dont ask them to troubleshoot).

However, this could be something else. Among them a loose wire etc, dead channel on your factory amp etc.

If none of that works you might be stuck with a premium sound system that you have to bypass. Basically, taking the speaker wire that goes into the amp, and instead running right back to the head unit so everything is running off the AVICD3.

I know its alot of info but hopefully that helps you out a little bit. If you get it going, let me know I am thinkin of getting the same unit myself. I love the layout on it and the price tag, for something that play dvds, does dvd rom nav, and has auxiliaries for mp3/ipod, isnt so bad.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”