No sound 2011 sentra

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
klutch181
Car: 2011 Nissan sentra

So my 2011 sentra has no sound if my engine is running but as soon as I turn it off and just to the on position I have sound in all of my speakers. The display works fine when the car is on just no sound and I get crackles every so often while driving. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance!!!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

The retained accessory power that runs the radio and windows is controlled by the BCM. Several members have found that the wire at the BCM gets loose and causes intermittent connection.
OR...
If your car radio stops working intermittently, in that you lose sound, but the head unit clearly doesn’t lose power, then you’re dealing with a different issue.

In this type of situation, it’s very likely that the head unit is still working, but there is some kind of intermittent break between it and the speakers.

You could also be dealing with an internal head unit fault with this type of a problem, but it’s important to rule out the speakers, speaker wiring, and amp first.

One possibility is that the amplifier is going into protect mode. In amp protect mode, the head unit will stay on, but it will seem to stop working as you will lose all sound from the speakers. Amps can go into protect mode for a variety of reasons, including overheating, internal faults, and wiring problems, so it’s important to actually inspect the amp while your stereo seems to be in a fail state to rule that out.

klutch181

i just noticed on my ride home today that if i hit a bump in the road i get a little flicker in the speakers almost like its a loose connections. could it be a ground wire? also ill have to check those other possibilities out here in a little bit. thanks

klutch181

also where is the BCM located at so i can look at that

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

BCM should be up under the dash, above the pedals... The BCM gets it's own chapter in the FSM. Here's a link to that. The last page has a small image for the location:
http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... a/2011/BCS

You can check that and all the power/ ground/ remote wires to the amp and head unit I think.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Other chapters for FSM, just in case...
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Sentra/2011/

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”