No "S" Emblem on 2014 Q50 "Sport" AWD

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
vooshhz
Car: 2016 Nissan 370z

Hello,

New to the forums, apologize if this question has been answered already, tried to use the search function but I was unsuccessful.

Theres a 2014 Infiniti Q50 "Sport" for sale from a reputable dealer that I am interested in. I went in and checked the car out, really happy with it... although when I searched the vin number up the trim comes up as "Premium AWD".

(ad: http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Infiniti/Q50 ... up=9_15_59 )

After doing some more research I see that half of the sport infiniti Q50's on autotrader around my area for 2014 don't have the S emblem/Paddle Shifters/Bigger brakes...

I called my nearest infiniti dealership and gave them my vin number to confirm, and he said it was just a tech tour package not a sport - in fact he said if it doesn't have a S emblem or paddle shifters its not a sport.

Can someone please advise what this situation is.. for some reason I can't seem to find a place that shows in detail what you get and don't get with a 2014 sport package and what additions you can add (the dealership is claiming for the 2014 the paddleshifters/brakes/emblems is an addon)

Thank you

monytx
Car: Infiniti Q50s

A lot of ads have misleading titles as some dealers aren't knowledgeable towards the vehicles they have on their lots. Quick way to differentiate between the premium and sport are what you said. Big brakes, sport bumper, red s on the exterior. Now in the interior, the only things I can think of are paddles, and the seats. The sport seats are a bolstered and have a extension in the front.

Archangele
Car: 2004 350Z, 2014 Q60S

I too am confused by this. I have a Q60S that has the "S" on it's rear logo badge.
Has the 19" wheels, different brake calipers, the seats with side bolster adjusters
and a different looking stitching then what I have seen in other Q60's with out the S designation.
Being a 6 speed manual, it obviously does not have paddle shifters.
I too have seen Q60's and Q50's listed as "Sport" models but no S after the Q60 on the rear.
So, if I get this correct,
this is just a misidentification of a Journey or base model? (that is
if it is a coupe. Not sure about Q50 models). I know my wheels are quite different then what
I see on most other Q60's. Also, I believe they use 18" wheels and mine are 19" (And are originals.)
All I know is that the original sticker on mine was over $50,000 in 2014. It shows a sport package
Bose stereo and a few other options like a navigation package. I just bought this car and am new
to Infiniti. The other one I own is a 2004 350Z and I bought this car because I needed
a back seat in my second vehicle and the Q60S fit the bill. Also it had a manual
and that sold me since I have had extremely bad luck with automatics all my life and
will only buy manual shift cars.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

https://monroneylabels.com/

Know every feature, every option - AND what it cost.
MonroneyLabels.com is a reproduction of the data of the original automobile window sticker. We provide you with factory options packages and pricing, manufacturers MSRP price when new, engine and transmission specifications, standard features and equipment, fuel economy rating, and factory recalls. Important data you need to know when buying or selling a used car or truck.
While this won't tell you what the original dealership and the previous owner may have added, you can figure those out by looking at the car to see what extra items are on it compared to this printout.

lrod2344
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35x Lakeshore Slate with Tech Package.

You didnt say wheather the one you looked at had the Akebono brakes and Paddle shifters. As far as I know in 2014 the ONLY way to get the paddle shifters was in a Sport model Im not sure if the Big brake kit was an option for non-sport models. although if there is no S it COULD have come off or maybe it was in an accident and the trunk had to be repaired or replaced and the body shop f*** up and didnt put the S badge on. But again the paddle shifters and big brakes are indicative of a Sport. Unless it is a "put together"

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”