No response

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Jclemo
Car: Nissan Hardbody pickup

Hello I have found the forum to be helpful in certain situations but I'm a little disappointed
Because it's been nowhere near as helpful as I was told it would be. I have posted several questions related to needing help and got one.responce from a person who was very helpful. I have two issues currently posted
Without a response. I have another issue today
Concerning my IAT sensor. But I won't bother
Posting that question before I get answers from my other posts. I'm not sure who answers these posts or if they are just read at random and answered by other members. So I'll bide my time
For now and see what happens.. Jclemo

**** EDIT: correct spelling of the word 'response'
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Jclemo wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:13 pm
...if they are just read at random and answered by other members...
BINGO. Some forum areas are more active than others, and often it's just a case of waiting for the right person to come along.

EdBwoy

Jclemo wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:13 pm
...I'm not sure who answers these posts or if they are just read at random and answered by other members...
As above, yes indeed.
By and large, this is a very large forum run by volunteers, and contributed to by members who volunteer their time and knowledge as well.

I assure you the lack of immediate responses is nothing personal. Sometimes the people who see your posts simply have no answers worthy of being typed. Also, as some of our platforms age and the powertrains are decades out of production, fewer and fewer people actually have them or even know what to do with them.

Keep perusing the various sub-forums and something might pop up using the search function.
~ Godspeed.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

You may get more responses if you include some details on your post such as model year and actual model name. There is a forum for each model that Nissan makes - posting in that exact forum is your best bet but there is no guarantee that another member has any experience or knowledge that relates to your issue. In your detail it simply says: "hardbody pickup" - not sure what model that is.
Also, bear in mind that the older your vehicle may be, the less members there are who might also own one.
This forum is NOT a Q&A site with professionals who read every post and then perform research to report back to you. It is a "forum" where various members randomly read posts and respond if they have info to share. Many posts do not get a response simply because no other member has anything to share on that issue.
You say that you have another issue, but won't post it until your previous issue is answered? If you post the other issue it "might" get a response - if you do not post it, well that's like looking at a barren fireplace and commanding "give me heat". Nothing will happen until you take the first step.
Be as specific as possible - state exactly what the issue is, year, model, and current mileage - and include as many details as possible. The more info you provide, the better your chance of getting a response. Vague posts with no model, year, or specific issue will usually get no response because nobody even knows what you're driving.

Dbarry
Car: Nissan 240SX

We are somehow lucky to still have things moving around here, and the past discussions are treasures. The other forum I'm on has been a ghost town as they prefer FB now.

Return to “General Chat”