No idle help

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Rb....
Car: S13 rhd rb26dett

Hopefully someone can help me on this problem. So far I have tried my best to check over everything. This is my second time I had to rebuild the bottom end the most recent was just replacing #6 again, since the rod was burnt cause by some newbie shaved my crank. Last start up was fine but after I replaced #6 and with a new crank. On start up it would start then hesitate for a second or two then back off it went with no idle in less I held the gas down a bit. Which it would have a really ruff sound to it till warm. Plus with a bit of a knock coming from the top end. The part that gets me is that I have good oil pressure from the start. So far I have done a compression test on all cylinders and they are all at 60ish. check the plugs which was bad will be replacing them this week plus a coil was missing it's spring. If someone could give me a idea what it might be or what to do or if it would be best to just take it back down and check over everything piece by piece

mixeds14
Car: 240

60ish is way to low for compression. Especially if you just rebuild the bottom end. You need to do a leak down test. Ur compression should be around 150ish across the board..u need to verify that u don't have a head/head gasket problem not sealing properly, valve sticking ope, start with the basics, ect.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”