No Horn, No Radio, No Fuel Gauge -- Single Solution?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
alphachannel
Car: 2006 G35

Hi -- I'm new to the group with my first question.

I have a '06 G35 and over the past few weeks the radio won't turn on (either on the steering wheel or the radio itself), the horn doesn't blow and the fuel gauge needle sits below empty regardless of how much gas is in it. I know about the radio problems many have discussed, but I wondered if anyone thinks that all three problems might be due to a common cause I could investigate before troubleshooting all three individually.

Thanks for any ideas any of you may have; great forum BTW...

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

alphachannel wrote:Hi -- I'm new to the group with my first question.

I have a '06 G35 and over the past few weeks the radio won't turn on (either on the steering wheel or the radio itself), the horn doesn't blow and the fuel gauge needle sits below empty regardless of how much gas is in it. I know about the radio problems many have discussed, but I wondered if anyone thinks that all three problems might be due to a common cause I could investigate before troubleshooting all three individually.

Thanks for any ideas any of you may have; great forum BTW...
Have you checked fuses and grounds with a meter?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2 ... dan/pg.pdf

Telcoman

Fuga350GT
Car: 2004 Nissan Fuga 350 GT

With this many systems out it has to be something common to all.
I'm going to say fuse or Relay and most probably a fuse.

Don't forget there are two fuse boards to look for, one inside the car itself and one under the Hood.
Also dont just rely on the fuse being intact because Ive seen fuse holders go green at the contacts
this will give problems.

Invest in a tin of electrical contact cleaner. I use it at my work all the time you would be amazed at what it can fix

good luck

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”