No hatch light in 2009 S AWD

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rogue216
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Didn't really pay any attention to this when I picked this car but surprised to see that there is no hatch light. Only comes with the SL, in the mean time I bought a stick on LED that I have affixed to the side wall. Wondering if the wiring is there coming out of the factory & all I have to do is go on savage hunt for a light assembly. Overall satisfied with the car.

kg5ie
Car: '08 Rogue

Sylvania makes a cool little stick-on LED for $8. It is battery operated. No more than you will actually use it...this may save you some time and trouble. I know you bought one like this already. You would have to do some disassembly to the rear hatch to find the wiring....I do suspect it is already there though......good luck

Bill

http://cache3.smarthome.com/images/46152big.jpg

philipa_240sx

Many auto parts places sell aftermarket dome lights. The wiring is likely already in place and it would be very simple to mount one on the rear hatch and wire it up.

Rogue216

That's the one I got Sylvania and it serves the purpose for now. Will look into the hatch light, there is an cover where the light would be just need to see if the wires are there. Then see where the plunger switch would go. Thanks for your replies. Is there is anyone out there who has done this ?

jmbones

Where is the light located on the SL models? My wifes is an SL AWD and I had opened the trunk the last time and it was dark and I could not see anything and there was no light.

Rogue216

Should be right above the latch. Cargo light is standard on SL

kg5ie
Car: '08 Rogue

If it was dark then the switch was likely in the off position. It is like the dome lights, you can elect whether or not you want it to come on when the hatch is opened.

philipa_240sx

Yes, there is a switch on the cargo area lamp (located on the hatch) to turn it on/off. Many have found the switch is turned off when they took delivery of their vehicle. As you can imagine, this has led to alot of questions about the cargo lamp.

jmbones

Thanks for the tips folks. I'll have to search for it, was looking last night for a few seconds but didn't see any light. (it was dark)

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

i did find my light i had no idea it had one but after reading here i checked and it was there but if i leave it on would it turn off itself after i close door ?

Rogue216

It should, just look through the window to see if it went off. Works no different the opening & closing the doors.

Leo2005

BTW. A few of my friends connected led board from old refrigerators inside of their trunks. Of course they drive regular sedans but hey...you can connect over here in Rogue, too. It will be reallly bright. I'll make a picture hopefully in a day or two to show you how bright it is. Maybe I should do the same to my car later on.

Return to “Rogue Forum”