No fuel/spark on new wiring harness

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
J240sx
Car: 89 240sx

My wiring harness is in bad shape. The motor still ran but the maf wiring was beyond what I wanted to repair so I bought another one. So on my newly purchased harness I can't get any fuel or spark. (also using the same ignitor from my old harness so thats not the problem.) After all of the searching I did it seems like it was be a lower harness issue, but my lower harness is fine. Any suggestions?

240life
Car: 1993 Coupe - S13 SR20det blacktop

check resistance from the black yellow wire at the tank to the eccs pump relay, then check for resistance from pin 104 on your ecu to the black/purple tracer at relay. If resistance is found use a jumper from the black/white tracer wire to the black/yellow tracer wire, turn on ignition fuel pump should prime. Remove the jumper and re-install the eccs pump relay, ground the black/purple tracer wire to chassis turn on ignition relay should function and fuel pump should prime if not check relay for resistance. If this works suspect a bad ecu. Open for inspection, you probably have no ground signals coming from ecu or one of the power sources to the ecu are open. Your old wiring harness Maf issue may have created a short to the ecu.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”