no fuel going through...help

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Raymond
Car: Nissan Sunny 1.4lx

I have a 1995 Nissan Sunny automatic petrol 1.4LX injection. I started the engine, was reversing out of a car park space and the car just cut out without warning having had no problems up until now and refuses to start. I have checked the battery and the spark plugs both fine but the spark plugs are too dry seeing as I've attempted to star the car many times and there is no petrol on them and no smell or signs of a flooded engine. Theres defini tely petrol in the car, that I've checked. But it appears that petrol has stopped getting to the engine. Does anyone know what this might be due to,does this car have a fuel cut off switch that may have been triggered by something and if so how do I re set it and get me back on the road. Or could it be something completely different. All information and help will be so greatly appreciated. Many Thanks Ray in London England

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

Fuel Pump!

Raymond
Car: Nissan Sunny 1.4lx

Today I've disconnected the pipe from the fuel filter and turned the engine over a few times but no fuel is coming out of it, do ya still think it could be the fuel pump? Thanks

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Since the pump is in the tank (I think), it sounds like a fuel pump issue to me too.

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

If you unhooked the fuel line from fuel rail and turned the keyed and no fuel came out, then yes your fuel pump is bad or your fuel filter is clogged like no other. But if you unhooked the fuel line taking the fuel filter out of play and still no gas, then 100% sure, fuel pump. When you turn the key over, you should be able to hear the pump priming. Slight humming sound, that is noticeable if you listen.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”