No Flex Pipes On Stillen Exhaust?

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
srv2nv

During my install of my exhaust I noticed that the Stillen Dual Exhaust for the sedan removes the flex pipes from the system. Won't this twist, and possibly damage the system under WOT?

I understand that with dual exhaust, it allows for more movement than single, but with the design of the system making both pipes meet at the muffler, won't that give the system a center point to bend at?

If so, is there anything I can do to prevent that besides having new flex pipes welded in?

pae9132
Car: Modified 03 V35

I also have the stillen exhaust on my 2003 sedan and I haven't had any problems although I would suggest that you don't go through a drive through car wash at a gas station if your car is lowered. I learned the hard way. When my back tires came down off the little tire stopper it caught my canister. It pulled out my front 2 exhaust pipes because the back part got pulled down. Had to take it to the auto shop and they bent it back for about $60.00. Not a lot of money but it sucked driving at 5mph with the sound of the exhaust piping being knocked around by my diff. I only go to the hand washing places now.

srv2nv

Thanks for the warning, I don't have any plans for dropping the car right now but I had already planned on keeping an eye out for those automated car washes.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”