NO Electrical Power at all after replacing timing set

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
bcp385
Car: 1994 Hardbody XE 2wd Ka24e

Hope someone can help me here. I recently had to replace the timing set on my 94, 2.4 liter. My truck set partially tore down for about a month because of other things I had going on so I unhooked the ground from the battery, left the positive connected. Last night I got my new Harmonic balancer installed and decided I would crank it up for a few seconds before I finished putting everything back on, fan, alternator, radiator, etc. When I opened the drivers door I noticed I had no interior light or door chime. I turned on the headlights and had nothing so I assumed a dead battery, it had been setting for 5 weeks or so. I hooked my charger to the battery and it would not come on. I though it was a problem with my charger until I unhooked the ground cable from the battery and then the charger came on. It is like I have a dead short somewhere. I can not find any problems anywhere and I thought it could possibly be the fuseable links? I don't notice any burnt smell or look at the links though. Everything I have got into on this timing set change has been a nightmare and I am about ready to pull my hair out!!! Any help is greatly appreciated!

bcp385
Car: 1994 Hardbody XE 2wd Ka24e

I just put a multimeter on the battery itself. When I have a charger hooked up set on 2 amps I'm holding 13.4 to 13.5 volts. As quick as I unhooked the charger it will dropped to 11.7 volts and continue to drop. Over the span of 3 to 4 minutes it will be down to 8 volts. Battery is only 2 to 3 months old. I am going to pull battery out and carry back to part store in the morning

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”