No digital speedometer?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
MightyDrake

2017 Rogue SL

Am I just lacking in imagination? Have people been clambering for years for average speed and complaining about the current instantaneous speed? I think only the most hard core stats nerd could possibly care about average speed. And two of them?

I find it inconceivable that they wouldn't provide a simple digital speedometer.

There's a button with a speedometer icon on the steering wheel among the cruise control buttons. Tapping that slides down a little field that's labeled MPH. But, it doesn't actually show the MPH.

Bizarre. I hope I'm just missing something and that someone will show me that it's really there.

Thanks,
Drake Christensen

sprocket

Rogue does not have digital speed.

Pushing the button on the steering wheel turns on the cruise control. The dashes are displayed because you have not set your cruise speed using the SET button on the steering wheel.

MightyDrake

Thanks. That's what I thought about that button.

I'd love to hear what people use the average speed for. Is it useful as everyday information?

Drake

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

That average speed is very useless IMO if you drive on roads where the speed limit is 40-45 MPH most of the time.

JPack

It's disappointing this feature isn't available. But I suspect it's a marketing decision to make it available on the Murano and up. The cruise control function on the Rogue provides an instantaneous speed reading, so it's obvious the hardware and software is present.

MightyDrake

My imagination has a programmer saying, "I could put that in there in about an hour." But, some manager above him has decreed, "Nissan will not provide a digital speed next to the analog speedometer."

I don't see it as a marketing tool. Can you really picture someone changing away from a model they like just for a digital speedometer?

Slumpert
Car: 1997.4 Pathfinder

Even funnier to me is the fact that the speedometer is actually showing digital signal that is converted into a analog representation.

I just wish I knew how to get the info display to stop flashing on my 2009 rogue when it’s low on fuel.. I get it, I have less than 50 miles of gas left. No need to stress me out further every second for the next week.. ( I work 2miles from home)

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Honda did this same tactic for the Accord, as it has an analog speedometer for the 2018 model year (all-new 10th Gen, as 2017 is the last model year for the 9th Gen), whereas the CR-V, Civic, Pilot, and maybe the new 2018 Odyssey has a digital speedometer. So I guess, this isn't just a Nissan thing.

And for the gas thing when it shows below 50 miles range remaining... that isn't true most of the times as Autovlog done two videos on what will happen if the range meter shows 0 miles:
(NOTE: Autovlog used his 2015 Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost and 2015 F-150 with a V8)

https://youtu.be/l_fD7RVd3m8
https://youtu.be/iFIfFc_wY-w

Return to “Rogue Forum”