No Dash Backlights or Turn Signals

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Flagship-Q
Car: 1992 Infiniti Q45

I have my dash apart and the instrument panel out (hooking up white face gauges) and now I'm putting it back together and don't have dash panel backlights (high beam indicator, check eng, brake etc. all light up with ignition but the backlights do not as well as no turn signals. I've checked all fuses and am stumped. You can't install the instrument harnesses incorrectly so that's not it. I have parking and head/hi beam lights. Car runs, gauges work. Just no center console, window lights, etc. Any ideas? Thanks

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

Sounds similar to a problem I had a couple of weeks ago after replacing micro bulbs. Look again at the engine fuse box and check the continuity of the 4th fuse from the top. If you don't have a meter just replace this 10 amp fuse. I looked at mine a half dozen times but couldn't see the break in the fuse until I checked continuity and discovered it was burned. Check all the fuses the same way if it is not this one. Good luck.

Flagship-Q

I searched your topic before posting this. I couldn't figure what fuse you meant (the 4th from the top). They all look OK but I'll go back and replace it. What was the actual name of that fuse for? Thanks

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

In the engine fuse box there are 3 rows of fuses. With the firewall direction being the top and the battery direction being the bottom, replace the 4th fuse from the top (10 amp) in the center row of fuses. I have a '94 and it is labeled the tail lamp fuse. In your '92 it may be the ILL (illumination?) circuit.

I forgot to ask- are your headlamps frozen on high beam when you turn them on?

Flagship-Q

No, headlamps work as normal, not stuck. Kinda weird because I have lights in the instrument cluster but the backlighting in there doesn't light up.

Flagship-Q

Ok, problem solved. No fuses blown or anything like that. Turns out that you have to have the hazard button harness connected for the turn signals to operate and the dimmer switch also has to be connected for the interior bulbs to light up. So there wasn't a problem at all, you just have to have everything connected for all to function.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”