No crank no start

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Lmwagner
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35

All right so the night before last my car wouldn't start. it was no crank no start .didn't think it would be the starter but guy at the parts store said try that so I bought a new starter put it on and car cranks up drove fine for about 2 days. and as of last night it's doing the same thing no crank no start .I've got power at the starter ..I know this because I tried to take the cable off and forgot to unhook the battery.. any ideas on what this could be why the starter would go out for the second time

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Lmwagner wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:39 am
All right so the night before last my car wouldn't start. it was no crank no start .didn't think it would be the starter but guy at the parts store said try that so I bought a new starter put it on and car cranks up drove fine for about 2 days. and as of last night it's doing the same thing no crank no start .I've got power at the starter ..I know this because I tried to take the cable off and forgot to unhook the battery.. any ideas on what this could be why the starter would go out for the second time
Lmwagner wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:39 am
. any ideas on what this could be why the starter would go out for the second time
I do not believe that the starter is your problem?

The FSM for your vehicle is available on this site and you should do some reading and research prior to just throwing parts at your sixteen year old vehicle.

https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 6%2Fsc.pdf

See page SC-8

Your problem is more likely in the IPDM, the clutch interlock switch if a manual or the park neutral switch if an automatic.?

Did anything get wet recently?

If you still have the original starter get it bench tested at a rebuilding electrical shop.
If it tests good return the replacement and ask for a refund on your credit card.

Use your multimeter to trace thru the starting circuit.

Good luck

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”