no cold start valve???

A forum for owners of S30 and S130 Datsun Z's... 240Z, 260Z, 280Z and 280ZX!
ar55
Car: '79 280zx

I purchased a '79 280zx 5 yrs ago that the previous owner turned to a turbo. I am now starting to work on it and found that it does not have a connecting source for the csv. I live in Upstate NY so the weather gets rather cold up here. I can get the car started, with difficulty, but once warmed up it runs without hesitation. Although, even without hesitation, it runs rich. I've discovered that the oxygen sensor is in place, but the wires have been cut. This would tell me that the computer is not compensating. My question is, does anyone know what manifold for the Z-car did not come with a cold start connection? Another thing I found was that the tube that connects from the throttle body to the manifold is also disconnected. I was wondering if I can connect a cold start valve to the throttle body. It appears that the connection at that tubing is somewhat similar to what would have been on the manifold.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

IIRC the turbo didn't come wiht a cold start injector but a heated stepper motor. And yes the disconnected O2 should cause a rich condition, just wondering if they didn't use the turbo injectors unplugged the O2 to get extra fuel since adding the turbo? step one will be to identify what you have, what block, head, manifold, ecu, harness, injectors, then decide what you want to do.

Return to “Datsun Z Forum”