No Brake Lights

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
15Rogue1
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

Hell all. I am new to the forum. I read another post about this issue, but it did not have specifics.
I have a 2015 Rogue. The right and and left brake lights do not come on. The running lights work. The third brake light works. There is not a brake light on the dash that illuminates. I read there was a relay in the back, but I was unable to find that. The Dealership is no help either, What can be the problem?

Papapoil
Car: Nissan Rogue S AWD 2019

Hi,

If the third brake light works, that looks like both left and right bulbs are defective, not a relay or brake light switch problem.

Did you try changing those two bulbs first? That may be it.

15Rogue1

Thanks for the suggestion, but it would seem very coincidental for both bulbs to go out at the same time. Maybe an underhood fuse?

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

the third brake light and tail light brake lights should be on the same fuse so it wouldn't be a blown fuse either.

You will be able to tell if its the bulb by looking at it, they have two filaments in them, if one of the filaments are broken the bulb is burned out

15Rogue1

Thank you. I will pull out a bulb tonight and see if that is the issue.

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

Both bulbs didn’t die at the same time. One has been out for quite a while and the other finally quit also. You just didn’t notice that one was blown before. Change the bulbs all should be well.

15Rogue1

Well, I took out the taillights last night, and they were both burnt out. A new set of 7443's and it is fixed. I must have just not noticed the days in between the brake lights going out. Thanks for the replies.

Return to “Rogue Forum”