No Bosch plugs in 240s?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
uic240

A couple of weeks ago when I was having my car checked by Nissan, they told me that German plugs aka Bosch weren't recommended to be used. I had Bosch +2 platinum plugs at the time but changed to Nippo-Denso plugs. Haven't noticed any differences but they said that the heat ranges for german and japanese cars is slightly different and could cause problems in the long run. Never heard anything about that so I thought I'd mention it.

HachiRoku

hmm...i'm using bosch platinum also because i couldn't get ngk from kragen...but that's when i first bought the car and was getting it tuned up etc. so i could smog it

if that's true, i'll prolly have to consider changing the plugs, but i really don't think it's much of an issue...

FrEaK
Car: Boosted D21 Pickup

I have bosch plugs... works fine

flip240

I had been using my Bosch plugs for over a year with no problems... But I changed them anyway b/c it kinda made sense... Especially since I plan on turboing my KA sometime in the future.

HachiRoku

next time i need to change my plugs, i'll get ngk...right now, i'll just leave it alone because there's no problems....unless someone wants to buy my used bosch platinums.....only 3,000 miles on them

Aries
Car: LT1 240SS

bosch plugs work fine unless you're running nitrous.Then they tend to blow out, and cause detonation.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”