No Audio 2013 G37 Sedan

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
isangpinoysocal
Car: 2013 Infiniti G37

Hi everyone,
I just bought a used 2013 G37 SDN with Bose system and I love this car. I used to be a former Nissan Maxima owner about 15 years ago.
Anyway, I was playing with my settings on my NAVi when I saw some clip on youtube that lets you in to a special menu by pushing the settings button while you move the volume button left and right.
So I started playing around with the settings inside this hidden diagnostic menu and I saw a initialized settings to removed all the places the former owner gone to on the navi as well as remove all address book, Bluetooth connections it had.
Well after doing so, the system rebooted and that's when I noticed that I didn't hear any Audio sound from my speaker anymore.
I've tried it with Bluetooth audio, regular radio AM and FM, Satellite, Navigations, DVD Video, even from the voice command. I can see the channels on my radio I'm able to change and everything shows that it's playing but I don't hear anything from the speakers. I checked the audio fuses under the hood and inside the cabin, I also checked the Bose amp fuse 2 of them and they were all good.
There must be a setting that I messed with that turned off the audio,. now when I go to settings, audio, sounds and beeps are all grayed out.
I've been out of music for the last 3 days and it gets boring listening to my engine run when I use the car. I brought the car to Infiniti dealer thinking they can re-program it and they said that my unit needs to be replaced.
Anyone out there that can figure out why my audio went out? Was it going bad already and I just helped it go bad while its still under warranty?
Thanks for your replies and sorry if I said anything that didn't make sense, I'm new to this forum.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Interesting. I know the menu system you are talking about and didn't think a reset would cause an issue.

http://moodym.com/articles/diag/hidden-diag.shtml

There may be some additional information in the FSM which I believe contains more details.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”