No air conditioning

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
Mitchsky
Car: 2010 Infiniti QX56

I went to use my air conditioning yesterday and discovered that it's not working.
I had the local automotive a/c guy hook up his gauges and it was within operating range, he even added more just to make sure.
We next looked for a relay for the compressor because it is not engaging. Couldn't find it. After searching online I read that there is no relay, it's built into the IPDM!
Is this true? Do I have to replace this entire part?

Thanks

macgiver

mac, so the mechanic must have "jumped " comp. clutch w/ 12VDC ? Because it 's intermittent or completely not working? You'd thank an A/C ! GUY would be much more forthcoming in giving an overview here , what he did , why, how he DID get running - albeit temporarily , and basically "WHAT IT IS ", man. Crazy ,really if that's true w/ WHAT NO RELAY ? And $$$$$$ module to buy. :facepalm: I just realized I may have been no "actual help" here :rotfl , so like Rosanna Danna Danna says - "Never Mind".

marctronixx

the IPDM is in a FUSE BOX of sorts. it has several relays in there. its in the rear back of the engine room. open the box and you will find the relays in there. if you have the original cover that goes over the IPDM, it lists what relay/fuse does what..

in terms of recharging your system, you should take it to another shop. to say its "within operating range" and "he even added more just to make sure" is not how one diagnoses the system. if its within operating range, adding more may not be a good idea.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”