No a/c after dealership had car...Just hot air ?!

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
thatdude727
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8

Good morning everyone,

So my issue started when my wife was driving her 2007 Nissan versa last week when it felt like it was sputtering and misfiring. After diagnostics it found the transmission was bad and had to be replaced. Great news it that it was still within warranty for another 7,000 miles. Nissan fixed the issue and 3 days later I went to pick up the car. Driving home realized the a/c was not blowing cold at all. Keep in mind prior to taking the car to the dealership there were absolutely NO issues with the air. Got cold very quick and stood cold. The dealership said all the a/c stuff is on the opposite side of where they were working and must just be a coincidence. They stated they would "charge it up" but no telling how long it would last...It didn't even work, the a/c still does not get cold, just blows hot air. Service manager basically said "I know it looks bad but can not related be at all to the work they were doing"...They said it is the evaporator core and that it can in no way be related to replacing the transmission but when I tell you the air was working perfect prior, I mean no signs of any issues. If the car has a continuous variable transmission "ctv" the evaporator core part is different than if it has a regular transmission, does that mean the transmission and the evaporator are linked ? I really feel helpless. What are your thoughts ?? Thanks for any input!

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I think if the service manager told you then and there that it wasn't their fault, then he's full of it. To be sure, he would have had to take the time to talk with the people who actually worked on your car, he'd want to do a little diagnoses on your car to see why the AC isn't working at the moment, and maybe even have a look into the FSM. If he did none of the above, he just wrote you off without a second thought. That sounds like lawyer time unfortunately.

Now that you're a member, you can look at the Service Manual for your car and view the diagrams and make some of your own determinations of the relationship between the CVT and AC systems. Like, look at the removal and replacement procedure for the CVT and see if it involves any of the AC system components. Okay, I was curious and took a look. To remove and replace the CVT, step one is pull out the entire engine and transaxle (CVT) as an assembly! There you go, the entire engine bay has been worked on by the dealership. Unless there's some sort of shortcut to the FSM where you can lift one side and pull the CVT out, which would need to be confirmed with the techs performing the work and whether or not they bypassed the FSM instruction.
All FSM chapters are here
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Versa/2007/hatch/
Here's where I looked at page CVT-207
http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... /hatch/CVT

Welcome to NICO Club! Please tell us how this works out and Good luck!

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

I bet they never recharged it back up at all.

Find somebody to pull a vacuum test on the system and that will tell you pretty quick if they broke something to make a leak. Then of course you will have to locate it.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”