NJ town talks gun-sale ban at town forum

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2 ... er_default

thoughts? comments? suggestions? idea's?

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

I see a council of fools. The only thing I've heard mentioned in any gun control topic that makes any sense is a universal background check. Nothing else is going to prevent crime or stop murder.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

that council didnt mention how to combat gangs or gang members. no mention of making mental health clinics and 24hour hotlines available for township residents to call when in need. no mention on how to combat drugs, and the sale of drugs.

but they did spend a ton of time talking about making tools unavailable in a town, that boarders towns with HIGH crime rates... mmmmya- that'll work! not..

WDRacing

Off topic, might as well make drugs legal. More revenue from taxes, safer products on the streets and we can actually focus on helping addicts rather than throwing them in jail for you and I to pay for. I say this from the perspective that, people that do the drugs, are going to do them regardless of legality. If drugs were legal, the main financial resource for ALL gangs would be gone. If people couldn't make thousands per week selling crack the thug life wouldn't be so sought after by todays ignorant youth.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

WDRacing wrote:If drugs were legal, the main financial resource for ALL gangs would be gone. If people couldn't make thousands per week selling crack the thug life wouldn't be so sought after by today's ignorant youth.
guns are legal, so did that cut any "financial resource for ALL gangs"?

if drugs, pot specifically- became legal, the gov would tax it just like cigarettes, and it would be $7/pack, as ciggs are in NJ. The cartels/gangs would simply under cut the store selling price, enough to continue to stay in business. the cartels would sell it for $3/pack and people would still buy it- from the cartels. since no longer being illegal, the demand would rise, thus compensating the new lower price. i have never done any drugs- ever; but if pot became legal (no job-related repercussions from failed drug tests), guess what- id try it.(and so would millions of other people, thus increasing the demand from cartels.)

Do you really expect the gov to allow companies to make crack? ecstasy? meth? do you realize the regulations & safety laws? the legal issues would alone make the cost unobtainable by the common crack-head. the crackheads would still buy it from the gangs/cartels. look at the price of pot, that is purchased by cancer patients in the legal labs. its much weaker pot, yet more expensive.

dude, im all for allowing people to do whatever they want to their own bodies- but the argument that legalizing drugs would somehow stop violence; is total s***. gangs would adjust, and lower the prices, since the demand would rise = and they'd break even, if not gain more revenue. maybe the only way i can see violence going down, is if people could grow their own crap. but that still leaves crack, coke, meth, etc off the table.

WDRacing

Oh I don't see it ever happening, I was just bs'n since this forum is slow.

Return to “Politics Etc.”