NJ BILL TO BAN ANY MAGS ABOVE 5rounds

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

"In the wake of the Newtown, Conn. tragedy which claimed the lives of 20 children and six adults, Assemblyman Joseph Cryan (D-Union) said today he will introduce legislation to limit the capacity of certain gun magazines in New Jersey.“The Newtown shooter fired multiple magazines, each one with thirty bullets. It took him all of ten minutes to murder 20 children and six adults. The time it took to render them lifeless is as disturbing as the death toll,” said Cryan. “What makes these high-capacity magazines so deadly is the number of rounds that can be fired in a short span. The staff at the school, the children, God rest their souls, had no chance against the amount of ammunition that the shooter armed himself with. This is why I’m introducing this bill to restrict gun magazines in New Jersey. We cannot wait for the next tragedy before we take action. These victims and their families deserve better. Enough is enough.”

Under current law, it is unlawful to own or possess an ammunition magazine that is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition. The bill would reduce the maximum capacity of a legal ammunition magazine in New Jersey to five rounds. The bill would take effect immediately.
The bill is the first in a series that will be introduced as part of Cryan’s gun safety campaign.

According to media reports, Adam Lanza used a semiautomatic Bushmaster .223 rifle, which police said was fed by 30-round magazines, during his rampage through Sandy Hook Elementary School. He also carried a Glock 10mm handgun and Sig Sauer 9mm handgun. Although authorities have not revealed the models of those weapons, both of those handguns allow high-capacity clips.

Sadly, legislators in Connecticut abandoned a proposal last year that would have made it a felony to possess magazines with more than 10 bullets, and required owners to surrender them to law enforcement or remove them from the state. Opponents sent more than 30,000 e-mails and letters to state lawmakers as part of a campaign organized by the NRA and other gun advocates.

“We mourn with the families who lost loved ones. What happened in Newtown is every parent’s worst nightmare magnified. We still don’t know what triggered such a heinous act, but there are things we can do to try to prevent the next one,” said Cryan. “These shootings are becoming too common in this country. No one should live in fear of becoming a victim, especially our children.”"

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

So, they going to outlaw revolvers or just make it unlawful to put more than 5 rounds in the cylinder.

I expect long waiting lines while all the criminals turn in their high-cap mags for the newer & safer 5 round mags. :tisk: What a f*** joke.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

"is there more than five rounds in that?"

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG!

"no."

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Guess I'm lucky I never have to go up that way.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

forks cause people to be obese so we need smaller capacity forks. lol

themadscientist

Sporks are tactical.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

themadscientist wrote:Sporks are tactical.
and deadly.

one could wipe out a whole tray of food faster than someone who would have to switch out the fork for a spoon half way through. we need to get rid of these "Sporks". Sporks aid in obesity.

biggie

Bojangles will need to be outlawed, they only have sporks nothing else. Maybe that's why I'm fat.

themadscientist

It's not your fault man. It's the government's fault. SPORKS ARE KILLERS!

bigbadberry3

I like the idea lots :)

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

bigbadberry3 wrote:I like the idea lots :)
because you are:
1. uneducated in guns, magazines, reloading, carrying, self-defense, etc
2. not a gun owner.

its easy to like something you have no idea about. its hard to like something that you know for a fact is STUPID.

why is it stupid?
1. it takes less than 1 second to reload.
2. one can order as many magazines as needed and reload them on the fly with one or two seconds between.
3. slowing down the rate of fire, wont stop the crime from happening.
4. concentrating on magazines, when we have a lunatic problem is like bringing a car with a broken tranny to a mechanic and him telling you: "i cant fix your tranny, but i made your horn louder".

buy a gun, take some classes. train with your weapon. then talk about what you like or dont. then come talk to us regarding what laws you believe in and which you dont. till then your another uneducated side-liner simply jumping on bandwagons.

for right now, your less educated than this 11yr old girl:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiiQQP4-Ijw[/youtube]

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

He's from Chicago where we all know incredibly restrictive gun control is working great.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Mr1der wrote:He's from Chicago where we all know incredibly restrictive gun control is working great.
so great that obama uses it as an example in all his speeches..... oh wait lol

bigbadberry3

Regardless of your expertise as a gun owner, as non gun owner I am a fan.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

bigbadberry3 wrote:Regardless of your expertise as a gun owner, as non gun owner I am a fan.
like all 'typical' liberals. no experience, yet they feel they have something to bring to the table. Put it this way, i wouldn't be sticking my nose into telling teachers how to do their job - since im not a teacher. likewise, you shouldn't feel your voice holds any weight in this topic/issue.

stand down highspeed. let the experienced folks handle this. :lolling:

PS: i wonder if obama or any other democrat politician thats anti-gun, would want their security detail to limit their magazines to 5rounds? doubt it. you know why? because they are hypocritical pieces of garbage that feel their life i worth more than mine or my family. and blind liberals like BB3 who have no experience nor knowledge on the topic, join in on the bandwagon because they cant differentiate the difference between warm apple pie or poo; as long as a democrat is serving it up. fools.

bigbadberry3

I still like the bill regardless of my expertise.

If it only takes 1 second to reload, then no big deal :)

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

bigbadberry3 wrote:I still like the bill regardless of my expertise. If it only takes 1 second to reload, then no big deal :)
and again, you like it because your oblivious to facts. if you knew what you were talking about it, you'd understand that limiting high cap mags, or mags that hold 10, down to 5, is the equivalence to democrats telling auto manufacturers that cars should not be made to go faster then 65mph in order to help curb DWI accidents.

does limiting a vehicles mph's stop people from getting drunk? NO (careless people)
does limiting a vehicles MPH's stop alcoholism? NO (people with mental issues)
does limiting a vehicles MPH stop people from DUI'ing? NO (people who dont care about others)

so wtf is being solved here? nothing positive. guys will mod their cars to achieve the MPH they want and be arrested for felonious tampering. and scumbags hell-bent on causing casualties will still be out there doing it- EITHER WITH A CAR/ALCOHOL OR GUNS/MAGS. but liberals like yourself who have no f-ing clue, will feel good at night when you rest your head, because you stand up behind your parties s*** feel-good legislation that solves nothing. sleep easy bro.

IF THIS STUPID LAW TAKES EFFECT:
1. i will have to buy all new mags.
2. i will have to spend more time at the range re-loading empty mags
= AND LUNATICS STILL ROAM OUR STREETS.

end result? feel good legislation that dosent stop crime. it just costs me more money to try and keep up with the s*** laws.

bigbadberry3

1 second shouldn't be a big deal as you have argued before about reload times.

Cars? Who's talking about cars in here? Nobody.

Totally a good idea.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

People have had guns for hundreds of years.
America has guns for over 200 years.(we have never had more laws/restrictions than we have had in the past 15years. )
BUT we do have a ton of street level thuggery(crime) that use guns, and we have a ton of crazy people hell-bent on creating crime.
...so why are we blaming guns? why are we blaming magazines? all this time... and only NOW we face such levels of crime. obviously its not guns or magazines.

its the simple fact that people have changed. children are more violent and ruthless, adults are more violent, etc. society is edgier, classless. I bring most of this down to a couple faults:
1. liberals supporting single house-holds. (they give welfare out and encourage young women to pop kids to bring in larger checks)
2. liberals pushing the envelope of sexuality.
3. liberals making society accept every a**-hat that says "this is how i express myself"
4. liberals cuddling every s*** that refuses to accept responsibility for him or her self.
5. liberals weakening the justice system.
6. liberals removing the words: "morals" - "conservative" - "ethics" from their vocabulary.
7. violent music/movies/tv shoes that liberals yet again see nothing wrong with.
8. according to liberals everyone is a winner, there are no losers - so no one should feel defeat; ever!
9. its ok to hate America. its ok to hate white people for slavery- white guilt is alive & well amongst liberals.
10. its ok to hate soldiers coming back from war, or grabbing a gun and shooting up a recruiting center, or wishing death upon soldiers is 'accepting' by the left.

so what we have here, is the a society that has no fear, shame, respect, morals, ethics, or value for women/human life. we have a really violent society thats 'cool' with walking around dressed like lady gaga or shooting up a school when things are not going his/her way. our youth find it ok to not support this nation. our youth find it acceptable to be ashamed for being white or american. our youth have no idea wtf defeat is. our youth have no idea what respect for a woman is. young girls have no respect for their bodies. young kids dont have a father to help teach right from wrong(from a mans perspective) young kids dont have the appropriate lessons learned to them to deal with reality. young kids dont understand that being the center of a joke is ok- no reason to shoot up a school. young kids dont understand that NOT everyone will achieve the same levels in life. young kids dont understand that you have to earn your way in life. young kids are given these video games instead of normal out-door play, and grow up wanting to put what they learned into reality.

bigbadberry3

We have had guns for hundreds of years but during those times, one was unable to carry thousands of bullets around with them and fire them in a brief amount of time.

5 round max is something I could get behind. Realistically I think 10 would be acceptable but anything over that you could not convince me that the magazine is acceptable in size.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

bigbadberry3 wrote:1 second shouldn't be a big deal as you have argued before about reload times. Totally a good idea.
you still have not explained how limiting a mags capacity, will stop crazy people from shooting up a crowd of people..... and you wont have a logical argument. your just an uneducated liberal who blindly supports whatever garbage coming from the left.

the argument is valid: limiting a magazines' capacity to somehow curtail mass-shootings, is the equivalence to limiting the speeds of cars to 65mph to curtailing dwi's. but you conveniently want to ignore that and deflect it- because you dont have the stones to admit your party is putting forth s*** propositions, that will stop nothing. so with that being said, im out. :inoutgay:

PS: if the discussion was about chalk holders, id listen to what you have to say and your opinion... but since its about guns- stand down son.

bigbadberry3

Your picture doesn't work.

5 bullets in a magazine holds less potential lethality than a 60 bullet holding magazine.

What argument do you propose that supports the existence of high capacity magazines?

themadscientist

bigbadberry3 wrote:What argument do you propose that supports the existence of high capacity magazines?
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

biggie

And the high capacity mags already are in circulation. They will not be removed. Therefore this proposed law, like all the new 'control' laws only restrict law abiding citizens. A law doesn't stop criminals, they would find high capacity mags and use them how they want.

bigbadberry3

themadscientist wrote:
bigbadberry3 wrote:What argument do you propose that supports the existence of high capacity magazines?
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
Good thing that I live my life by a paper that was written over 200 years ago. :crazy:

bigbadberry3

biggie wrote:And the high capacity mags already are in circulation. They will not be removed. Therefore this proposed law, like all the new 'control' laws only restrict law abiding citizens. A law doesn't stop criminals, they would find high capacity mags and use them how they want.
Stop producing and make the transfer/selling of item illegal. Time will take them out.

biggie

No it won't. Again criminals won't stop stealing, black market buying, etc.

And do you even have a clue how many just AR 30 rd mags have been sold in only the last 3 weeks? I know many people who bought 20+ each. Much less other high capacity mags.

themadscientist

bigbadberry3 wrote:
themadscientist wrote:A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
Good thing that I live my life by a paper that was written over 200 years ago. :crazy:

Sounds a lot like "I can't win the argument so I will deflect." That's ok. I've come to expect that juvenile weak s*** from you. That 200 year old document also protects your right to say ignorant useless s***. Be happy, dumbass. :slap:

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

ImStricken wrote:
its the simple fact that people have changed. children are more violent and ruthless, adults are more violent, etc. society is edgier, classless. I bring most of this down to a couple faults:
1. liberals supporting single house-holds. (they give welfare out and encourage young women to pop kids to bring in larger checks)
2. liberals pushing the envelope of sexuality.
3. liberals making society accept every a**-hat that says "this is how i express myself"
4. liberals cuddling every s*** that refuses to accept responsibility for him or her self.
5. liberals weakening the justice system.
6. liberals removing the words: "morals" - "conservative" - "ethics" from their vocabulary.
7. violent music/movies/tv shoes that liberals yet again see nothing wrong with.
8. according to liberals everyone is a winner, there are no losers - so no one should feel defeat; ever!
9. its ok to hate America. its ok to hate white people for slavery- white guilt is alive & well amongst liberals.
10. its ok to hate soldiers coming back from war, or grabbing a gun and shooting up a recruiting center, or wishing death upon soldiers is 'accepting' by the left.
I know you have raging, pulsating hard-on for libby-bashin (And in this instance, well-warranted, I'll admit) but your list is entirely uncalled for. All those issues? Yeah, that's an AMERICAN problem, not a strictly "liberal" one. And last time I checked, America is about freedom, and points 2, 3, 7, 9, and 10 are all violating that core tenant. Are you suggesting we remove freedoms in order to fix our issues?

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

bigbadberry3 wrote: 5 bullets in a magazine holds less potential lethality than a 60 bullet holding magazine.
Gun would be hard to fire with a bunch of bullets rattling around in the magazine...and you can't get a lower lethality than zero, unless you're Jesus.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”