Nistune + wideband help

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Axt3365
Car: HR32

Recently done a bunch of upgrades to my 32 sedan and having some issues with the AFR. Was standard rb20det with just ISR exhaust, FMIC, and an op6 turbo until the seals decided they were done on the turbo.
So I got a new gt2860rs, nistune (installed and tuned by rs enthalpy), deatschwerks 550’s, aeromotive fpr set at 45psi, walbro 255 , z32 maf, and aem UEGO.

Upon start up my wideband reads 14.7 but within 5-10 seconds will peg out to - - - meaning lean. I tried hooking the white wire (signal output) from AEM to the white wire on the o2 harness but it didn’t make a difference? I’ve also tried putting the sensor in the upstream (3” from hot side) and downstream (36” from hot side) positions with no luck on either?

If it’s in the upstream position and under a lot of throttle it will richen SOME (16-17) but shouldn’t it be sitting around 13-15 at idle??? Have not tried driving the car yet to put it under load…

Am I missing something? Seems I’ve misplaced my old o2 sensor but should I just get another and resort back to narrowband to see if that fixes the AFR?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You sure it's the correct A/F? Nissan widebands come in two varieties, 2.2V and 1.5V. Older stuff mostly uses the 1.5's. If the sensor is a 2.2 and the ECM expects 1.5, it will read way lean all the time.

Axt3365
Car: HR32

I’ll have to get a consult cable and laptop with nistune to check and see if Martin set everything correctly. I gave him the same parts list as above to set the base tune until I could get the car to him on a local dyno day.

I would assume by telling him I was running aem wideband he would have either disabled the o2 narrowband and adjusted for the wideband reading of 0-5v or just disabled all together.

Seems to be the consensus of the issue being set in the tune.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”