Nistune Limp Mode

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
Ca_Silvia

I know there is a few guys running Nistune with no problems. I have a strange problem i can't figure out. I drove the car to a drift event a month ago, ran perfectly fine. Drove home left the door slightly open = killed battery.

When my battery dies the ECU loses the tune and goes in to limp mode. The Nistune description of what happens in limp mode is indentical to what i am experiencing. (no start, fuel pump constantly runs, no consult)

Now my problem is how the hell do i get the ECU to consult to re-load my tune? The internal boards are installed correctly because the car has ran with no issues before the battery died. So how do i get the car out of limp mode so i can consult?

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

This sounds like a job for a Image

Ca_Silvia

It got real close to that float.

Fixed - Half my problem was me trying to connect nistune will the car was already powered in AUX. I didn't realize you are suppose to plug everything in THEN turn the car on to AUX. Was able to consult after i got that sorted, loaded my tune, car starts :dblthumb:

I still don't unstand why the ECU loses the tune when the battery dies, oh well, looks like the battery charger is coming with me to the track now...

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

Yea, that's really odd that it loses the tune. Re-writeable rom's aren't that expensive.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”