NissanConnect removal

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
dgs123

I need to buy a newer Altima. I do not want Nissan to track my vehicle, or be able to record cabin voice. No dealer will help me and Nissan has not to date either. My guess is that somewhere there is a GPS antenna to unhook, and a modem that sends back to Nissan whatever intelligence is gathered. Am looking for a block diagram/pinouts and level of difficulty to remove. Am not worried about warranty, stolen car recovery etc. I don't want to pay good money for something that spies on me.

My assumptions are that the TCU or radio have the most to do with gathering your position, speed, and any conversations in the passenger cabin. People who sign the nissanconnect agreement consent that anyone in the car is subject to monitoring. Why should anyone trust Nissan with this data, its not used to improve your experience, but revenue sources from its service providers. I want to remove/disconnect the hardware and "go dark" in Nissan's control center.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hmm, I guess this one got overlooked for a while. Too long maybe?

Belated welcome to NICO Club! The FSM will have wiring diagrams. It seems like isolating or removing spyware is possible, but I haven't tried it myself. Heck, I'm still holding back on OBD-2 cars while others don't trust fuel injection, LoL!

BTW - I don't think you do any mods to a leased or financed vehicle, just stuff you personally own.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”