NissanConnect for 2018 Murano Midnight Edition

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
zeke101
Car: 2018 NISSAN MURANO SL MIDNIGHT EDITION

HI,

I'm just wondering if it is possible to install NissanConnect on a 2018 Murano midnight edition?
My Murano doesn't have one.

Thank you
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri May 11, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TYPO

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Odd, I thought it was standard on the SL models, including the Midnight Edition.

zeke101

that's what we were thinking. I tried a couple of times to connect the Nissan app to my car but there is no Nissanconnect option, I called nissanconnect hotline services and told me that my car isn't equipped with nissanconnect system. it doesn't have the nissanconnect app too in the screen.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

According to Nissan, you should have NissanConnect. Go to the link below and print out the press kit so you can take your car back to the dealership to get the head unit fixed/replaced.
2018 Nissan Murano Press Kit
2018 Nissan Murano offers revised option packages with enhanced content, more standard safety and convenience features
  • NissanConnect with Navigation – featuring Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ now standard on all grade levels.

zeke101

thank you,

on the process of contacting my Nissan dealership as of now.

ridera

Watch out for this: There is a big difference between "NissanConnect" and NissanConnect Services"; both with Navigation. The plain NissanConnect apparently does not use the direct satellite communications; and thus, doesn't have SOS, direct live, customer support and none of the so-called apps. Biggest deficiency, for me, is the lack of Google's "Send to Car". For years all my Infinitis, Leafs and even my 2015 Murano had the "connect" version. Not my 2018 Murano SL. All the apps are now supposed to be via your cell phone, that's a joke because they are not integrated into the car's hand controls and navigation system. It is a safety hazard to fiddle with your cell phone while driving.

Nissan's website and their sales lit are terribly misleading about all of this.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

ridera wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:36 pm
topic620444.html It is a safety hazard to fiddle with your cell phone while driving.
This may come as shock to people, but your car is not supposed to be an entertainment center on wheels. There's been talk that the government may step in to curb this growing trend as these infotainment systems are distracting drivers from what they're supposed to be doing, driving.

akitanut
Car: 2018 Murano SL, All Wheel Drive, Moon roof

ridera wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:36 pm
Watch out for this: There is a big difference between "NissanConnect" and NissanConnect Services"; both with Navigation. The plain NissanConnect apparently does not use the direct satellite communications; and thus, doesn't have SOS, direct live, customer support and none of the so-called apps. Biggest deficiency, for me, is the lack of Google's "Send to Car". For years all my Infinitis, Leafs and even my 2015 Murano had the "connect" version. Not my 2018 Murano SL. All the apps are now supposed to be via your cell phone, that's a joke because they are not integrated into the car's hand controls and navigation system. It is a safety hazard to fiddle with your cell phone while driving.

Nissan's website and their sales lit are terribly misleading about all of this.
I just bought a 2018 SL and I found out the above information also after the fact! Even the dealer had thought the connect services were included.

Return to “Murano Forum”