Nissan Versa reliability (Please sign up if you're new)

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
mkaresh
Car: 2003 Mazda Protege5

In late 2005 I started conducting reliability research. I'm reporting absolute stats like "trips to the shop" that will make the differences between cars much clearer. I'll also be updating results four times a year, so there will be information on new models sooner. I am very grateful that the owner of this forum has seen the value of this research and agreed to help out.

Participants report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, anyone who helps provide the reliability data will have free access to the results.

For the details, and to sign up:

http://www.truedelta.com/reliability.php

Comments and questions very welcome.

Michael KareshTrueDelta
Modified by mkaresh at 7:38 AM 7/21/2007

mkaresh

Eight Versas are now signed up, so I'm going to start collecting data on the car since it's early in the model year. I'll need data on 18 to post results.

21 Honda Fits are enrolled, so I might have results for that model as soon as February.

Those of you who have signed up, thanks.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Let's keep registering for this guys - The more survey results, the better.

Versa Owners, Activate!

mkaresh

Up to 22. Great response from this forum!

Now that I've thought through the math, the first official results will be around the end of May. Might still have some numbers around the end of February, though. It'll come down to the response rate.

sambot

Hey I'd be thrilled to sign up, if and when I ever get the blessed blue beastie. Still w a i t i n g.

mkaresh

Still waiting?

For others who already have their Versa, I'm still looking for more of them!

Currently have 31 Versas, vs. 27 Honda Fits.

7speed

I wish I had mine....until then, this looks like some sort of score.

Go Versa Go!Go Versa Go!

PamelaJ
Car: Nissan Versa SL - 2007

We ordered the SL Versa, still waiting, been waiting for my SL Versa since October. I'm hearing March....maybe I can give some input then if I ever get it. Im running out of patience

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

That seems to be a bit excessive. Have you gone to another dealership to see if they can find the same car? They're not as rare as they were back in October. Yeah, SL's are still kinda hard to find... but 5 months total, at this point, seems excessive.

sambot

Ever Victorious wrote: Yeah, SL's are still kinda hard to find... but 5 months total, at this point, seems excessive.
Still waiting for my SL. It's supposed to have arrived late on the 30th. Checked all the inventory for the city. There are LOTS of S models as well as SLs with CVT. Either people here don't like the Ss, or CVT or the colour of cars in stock. I suspect part of the availability right now is that consumers here are sometimes slow to try a new technology until it has proved itself beneficial. Nobody has a SL with tech package and MT, not to mention that incredibly unpopular colour - Blueberry.

mkaresh

Sounds like the problem is SL with manual.

Counts: Honda Fit 39Nissan Versa 38

Among the best samples I have so far for any 2007s. Thanks, guys.

mkaresh

Started collecting data on the Yaris as well this month, with 24 signed up. Have 40 Fits and 44 Versas.

ninjapleazee

just signed up with my versa

proxim2020

I've just signed up my V and submitted my data. The process only takes a few minutes and will be very beneficial. Also, this is a HUGE deal for NICO so we need to get as many people signed up as we can. I've sent some of you emails, so check your emails.

mkaresh

Important: the survey that matters the most, by far, is the one I send the emails out for. So far this month I have responses for 35 Versas, out of 78 signed up. I will have results with this amount, but more would certainly be better.

The surveys on the site are entirely optional--I created them because people asked for them.

lucynethel

giggles
Car: Versa S, Blue Onyx

First a disclaimer: I love my new car.

I bought my Versa (sedan, s, automatic & power package) in February. About a week and a half ago I had to have the ignition switch replaced. Came out of work one day and the key wouldn't turn... the service guy at my dealership wasn't even sure what went wrong. He just replaced the whole part. Then yesterday I went to fill up the tank & the gas tank door wouldn't open. I poked around a bit and the cable had come disconnected. I'm having the dealership look at it tomorrow & fix it (hopefully same day). This is my very first new car & I'm wondering if anyone else has had these problems (or similar) with their Versas? What a pain! 3.5 months, just over 3000 miles & two trips to the shop already!

mkaresh

One of ther owners in my panel has had the fuel release issue four times already. I counted that as one trip, because I don't yet count unsuccessful repair trips, otherwise the Versa's stats would look worse than they do.

I think one person also had the ignition problem.

Look on the bright side--if you were paying for these things out of your own pocket, they'd still be inexpensive as repairs go.

hgp
Car: 2007 Versa SL with CVT

Well that person that reported the fuel release door problem was me. Yes it was 4 trips and each time it would work for a few weeks before the wire would snap out of place from underneath the dash. Poor design in my opinion, but then the seat is so close to the door you cant get you hand down to do a normal fuel door release.Anyway they jury rigged it somehow so the latch wire only moves a little bit to open the door and it has worked like a charm for months now.

Althalus
Car: '07 Nissan Versa Hatch SL CVT

Just joined up.

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

ummm... what do I do now that I traded in the car I've been reporting on??

mkaresh

Just send me the month traded and approximate odometer reading. The link to the contact form is at the bottom of every page of the site.

2offroad
Car: 1999 GMC Suburban 2007 Versa

Had mine a week, 300 miles @ 9.5 gals = 31.57 mpg on green engine, not bad. No troubles so far.

PB

My v is still new 536km,Love it ,No problems yet.I think they are a well made car,I compared honda and toyota and they dont come even near the quality,As soon as you step in the car and have a seat you can see and feel quality.

mkaresh

This research works by collecting information on repairs going forward, from the time when people sign up. I hope you'll participate, as a larger sample is always helpful.

Ever Victorious

Just a reminder to the newer users who may not know what this is... we would greatly encourage your participation in this! It is free to sign up, and your contribution of information betters the Versa community as a whole!

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Signed up.

newversa

is this a common issue. my new versa has just 40 miles on it. purchased it less than a month ago. And now the key just wont turn for ignition.I checked the front wheels, etc. nothing that should cause it to lock.

I am already thinking of trading it in. will i get the same value i bought it for? It a NMAC financed car. I dont want to be spending money, and going to the dealer every other month.

Ever Victorious

newversa wrote:is this a common issue. my new versa has just 40 miles on it. purchased it less than a month ago. And now the key just wont turn for ignition.I checked the front wheels, etc. nothing that should cause it to lock.

I am already thinking of trading it in. will i get the same value i bought it for? It a NMAC financed car. I dont want to be spending money, and going to the dealer every other month.
This is not an appropriate thread to ask this question in. Please post a new thread, and we will assist you with this.

mkaresh

There are now 150 Versas in the panel. A huge thanks to everyone here.

I'd also like to repeat that the repair rate will be much lower in the August results. Seems Nissan has found and fixed many of the early issues. Or at least that one they fixed the cars that had them, those cars have not been having additional problems.

Return to “Versa General Chat”