Nissan versa note active grill shutter fail P059F

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
DizzyKitty
Car: 2000 Maxima SE- in pieces in yard...
2014 Versa Note - Wife's vroom vroom machine

Hey guys. Got a check engine light on my wife's car on the way back from picking up family from the airport. Went to auto zone and the only code read was P059F dealing with the active grill shutter. I checked the shutters and they were only partially open. With the car off I moved the shutters to full open to full close ensuring nothing was jammed in there. I then turned the car on and checked if the grill moved at all. It didn't, but i did find a piece of gravel that seemed to fall from somewhere.

My question is this: is there an easy way to clear the code without repairing the motor? I don't have vehicle inspections in my state, but clearing that light will give my wife some piece of mind. Currently the vents are stuck open, so I don't fear overheating.

Some trivia: Car is a 2014 Note SV with 66k miles and has hardly seen snow.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

I'd disconnect the motor and wire the vents open. If the motor decides to work again and then sticks shut you may burn down a perfectly good car for no reason.

Clearing the code will simply have it show up again when the motor to grille quits cycling again, the ECM will look for that happening on a regular basis.

If AZ can read the code they can clear it but may not due to legal implications. Disconnecting battery for a time will do it but you may have to put some things back in memory like radio presets and relearn the idle.

DizzyKitty

So is there currently no known way to "spoof" the sensor like how people do with O2 sensors? I know its a long shot but...

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Nope, too many different conditions you'd have to rig for there. There is ALWAYS a way of course but I for one haven't heard of anybody doing that one yet.

DizzyKitty

Oh well, the light turned itself off for now.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”