Nissan Versa 1.6L 2012 CVT Tranny not reversing after rebuild

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
offthewall
Car: Nissan Versa SV 2012 1.6L

Hello all,

I've recently rebuilt my CVT transmission for a Nissan Versa 2012 SV 1.6L after the belt snap and broke apart inside the tranny. I'm working on a youtube video to help others out there to not spend all that money having the dealership do it. I've ran into a problem.

First off the following were done:
1. Valve Body, replaced all 5 solenoids, rebuilt clean
2. Replaced entire CVT Pulley Assembly, primary, secondary, and belt
3. Seals, o-rings,
4. Clutch Pack
5. Trans Oil Pump
6. Oil cooler filter and trans filter

The vehicle drives amazing, quiet smooth, and works perfectly fine, even drove on the freeway. Parking works, neutral works, low gear works. However, when putting into reverse, it's as though its on neutral, the car wants to drift forward, stepping on the accelerator just raises the RPM. I've check the position switch was correct and it wasn't in between gears or anything. I'm reading 5.6 ohms on all solenoids cold. Checked continuity to the TCC

No codes are coming up.

What could the issue be that is not pressurizing the reverse clutch to be applied. I have no issues pulling out the tranny again. But before doing so would like to know if there's anything else to check. I've recorded the entire process of the rebuild and trying to see where something I've done was incorrect, but haven't yet seemed to notice anything.

Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”