Nissan Value Advantage parts (Brake pads)?

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
Dj Blizzy
Car: 2015 Nissan Altima S Special Edition

So on the Nissan Parts estore... The Value Advantage parts (i.e. Front Brake Pad Set for 30% less then the genuine)....

-Are they worth a damn? I know Nissan backs it, but Nissan backs piles of s*** also.
-Are they just some aftermarket brand Nissan slaps their label on to make a buck?

I'm having trouble finding a pair of brake pads/shims that are springy like the originals and don't cost $100. I remember the original pads flying off as soon as you lift the caliper up. Every aftermarket pad I've bought seem to stay put right up against the rotor. Which can't be good.

Thanks

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Says who? That is the whackiest reason I have ever heard for or against a pad type ever. The rotor 'holding' onto a pad more just means there is more wear with time there.

northstar ninja
Car: 74 260Z, 92 240sx hatch.

Buy Akebono break pads- they manufacture the oe pads for Nissan. I didn't feel like paying dealership prices for Nissan branded parts so I bought Akebono pads for less. Much less.

Jumparound
Car: Honda Civic 2001

First time I'm hearing this. Nissan break pads are actually one of the finest. At least the OEM ones. Unless the dealership switched them to save or make more by reselling them after.

bobweaver
Car: 2011 Altima 2.5SL

northstar ninja wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:42 pm
Buy Akebono break pads- they manufacture the oe pads for Nissan. I didn't feel like paying dealership prices for Nissan branded parts so I bought Akebono pads for less. Much less.
Depends on your model. My Altima's OE pads are Hitachi.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”