Nissan upgrades 350Z interiors

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
DenverG35c
Car: Motor sports, computer solitaire...

In the current issue of Autoweek is news that Nissan is making a number of upgrades to the 350Z. Revised suspension tuning and brakes plus the one closest to my heart--interiors.

Let's hope--please, please-- that this will extend to Infinitis. As many know, my big beef with them is the 'titanium' trim. Hey I don't care that its plastic that looks like metal, I just want to see a bunch of black spots where the paint has flaked off.

See full article at:

http://autoweek.com/cat_conten...56960

GeeThreeFive

That is good for the ones buying but what about us who have already bought?

DenverG35c

I'd say that in the first, let's say year. Deficient parts should be replaced under warranty. They have already done a couple of mine. Oh BTW, have I mentioned that they replaced my rocker panel a few weeks after I bought the car? Unfortunately the new one is no different and my rubber soled tennies have exposed ugly black plastic--I'll call them "spots,' definitely not scratches like metal to metal.

Short-term fix, some sort of window tinting film or Crystal Guard, whatever that is. I think the 3M stuff would be too thick. I treated all my interior shiny parts with RejeX to no avail.

Long-term--Nissan should find a better supplier or find the flaw in the painting/chroming process. And at least let us 'early adapters' get a discount on parts and free installation.

Or, you could buy one of those ugly, IMO, dash kits.

OK Nissan people, sorry for the rant, love my car anyways.

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

Hopefully the upgraded quality of materials/improvements won't raise the prices more than a few thousand............you get's what you pay for!

Members keep forgetting the G is the bottom of the line introductory basic stripped down car............designed for those only making $60-70,000 per year.

Oh, I know many buy them who make less, thus all the complaints about costs [maintenance services, tires, brakes].

Covering the brakes for 3/36k will cost the factory ~~$400-$500 each.....just add it to basic price next year to make up the $24-30 million if everyone avails themselves of the offer.

DenverG35c

Thousands of dollars? I'm talking about a few pieces of plastic. Mazda seems to have figured it out with the Mazda 6. There's a lot of pieces of brightwork in that interior, for a car that costs a lot less than a G35 or a Z.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”