nissan titan problems that need help on

Covering the 2003-2015 first-gen and 2016+ Titan and Titan XD lineup
scubasteve1414
Car: 2006 nissan titan

hi my name is steven and i have a 2006 nissan titan my problem i could use help on is that when my truck is cold it runs fine but when it warms up it spits and sputters like its running out of gas but it is only when in drive or reverse and when you try to accelerate i have had all the recalls fixed and another problem im having is my 4lo light flashes even when the transfer case is in nutral

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Hey there SCUBASTEVE!! (love that name by the way)
Welcome to NICO!

I guess we'll start with the obvious. Is the vehicle throwing any codes/check engine lights? It almost sounds like it is running out of fuel. Have you ever had your fuel filter changed? Can you smell fuel with the vehicle running (like its leaking somewhere)?

As for the 4lo problem- is it actually IN 4lo, or does the light just flash?

scubasteve1414

I have not changed the filter but took it of and checked it with the method of blowing threw it and it didn't seem clogged and with the 4lo light it flashes when transfer case is in natural or in gear it has me wondering and it won't throw any codes that's one reason I joined another is because I have owned a few 83
datsons that where 4x4 and had them as mud toys and it nice to know there is other people that love Nissan as much as I do

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Maybe your fuel pump is going bad then. You might have to do a fuel pressure test.

If you put the vehicle into 4LO, does the 4LO light go solid (and the transfer case physically goes into 4LO)?

scubasteve1414

The pressure test says the pump is fine I'm thinking it might be o2 sensor. Back to the 4lo the transfer case locks in 4lo and 4high but the light flashes all the time and when in park a light comes on saying atp

Return to “Nissan Titan Forum”