Nissan Tiida no spark, no start all

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
ttraces.iom
Car: Nissan tiida/versa

Hi all.

I'm over in Ireland, out in the sticks. I have a Nissan Tiida 1.6.

I was at a junction and it cut out. I towed it home still wouldn't start. The next morning it started first turn of key, but cut out after 30 seconds and hasn't started since.

I checked for codes manually by pressing throttle and key, it flashes 0000, no codes.

I'm about 50 miles from the nearest Nissan dealer so don't have access to proper scanner, nor will I pay for them to throw parts at it. I've checked all fuses and tried relay swap as seen on the net. I'm getting no spark at accessible coil pack, pump is squirting at prime. I've changed crank sensor, and have power at coil pack but no joy.

HELP!!!

Don't mean to shout, but I'm very frustrated.
:confused:
Last edited by Rogue One on Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TYPO

EdBwoy

Hello and welcome.

I'll link this here, because it sounded familiar but is not really the same:2014-versa-cranks-but-wont-start-no-fue ... 18240.html

Back to your problem, first I understand your frustration. However, before replacing any more parts like you did with the crank sensor, how much is the cost of a diagnosis by your dealer? Of course, it could be a slippery slope and wasted money if you paid to tow it there for them to tell you they can't do anything without codes.

Hence, the reason forums like this exist I suppose. Try cleaning your MAF (mass air flow) sensor to see if it does anything. Heck, unplug it then attempt to start the car... then plug it back on
Then try starting the car while pumping the accelerator pedal (not all the way to the floor, that cuts fuel)

*To note, if you are getting fuel delivery, then it's probably not a crank sensor issue. A bad sensor usually results in the pump being cut.

At worst, the ECU in itself isn't sending the logic to spark. Sniff around the dashboard for that burnt electronics smell.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Need a year model to work with, none supplied here in the US have coilpack, they are coil-on-plug type.

Assuming as well it's not the turbo 1.6 too.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”