Nissan's Intelligent Key keyless ignition and entry system Question.

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
Illan
Car: Nissan Stanza 1984

Sup People,

Were Contemplating Buying a Nissan Versa SL. but i noticed that nissan and infinty is ofrering this technology to their models. some come as standard equipment. I want to know a couple of things:

is the system is reliable?

is the keyfob the only way to unlock it and turn the ignition on or does it has a old regular key for back up?

are the fob resistant to the normal "Wear and tear" and some unexpeded falls?(not including water, water is the main enemy of electronics)

are the replacement fob extremely expensive?Programming?

Thanx for the future replies Guys,

-Illan

Notorious170
Car: 1998 Nissan Altima Bagged *Totalled*
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T Bagged

i cant answer all your questions, but i can answer this.

the fob isnt used to turn the ignition. there is a push button starter. the fob stays in your pocket/purse the whole time.

and your doors automatically unlock once you get within a certain distance of the vehicle. again, the fob never leaves your pocket.

Maverick7687
Car: Sagemist(FSO) 1998 Maxima SE & Charcoal Metallic(KG2) 1993 240sx & My newly aquired Pearl White 1990

Not sure about the Versa but I was playing with this on a new Maxima earlier today..
Illan wrote:
is the system is reliable?

is the keyfob the only way to unlock it and turn the ignition on or does it has a old regular key for back up?

are the fob resistant to the normal "Wear and tear" and some unexpeded falls?(not including water, water is the main enemy of electronics)

are the replacement fob extremely expensive?Programming?

Thanx for the future replies Guys,

-Illan
Very relieble from what I understand.

There is a button on the back of the fob, you push it over and the top (where the ket ring goes) slides out and has a normal key. The switch is just a small bar thing you turn when the fob is inside the car. The fob has to actually be INSIDE the car, right outside the door and it won't start. But if you have to use the key, you are supposed to be able to put it in the center of the thing I am calling a "bar" that you turn instead of a regular key.The Max is cool because if you are within about 5 feet of the car there is a button on the door handle you push and the door will unlock.

It seems to be about as resistant to wear and tear as a regular fob.

I would think they would be pretty pricey to replace. Maybe about as bad or a little more than a new key with the immobiliser system.

Aries_TehGreat

To answer your questions, The Intelligent key is amazing, I love them. They also come on the 07 Maxima and Murano. The only time that you have to touch the key is to change pants and for the ladies change purses. The key will send signals to the car with in 8ft. There is a manual key inside of the key fob, there is a little button on the back of the Intelligent key you slide it to the side and a manual key slides out. There is a little button on the door Handel, hit it once and it will only unlock the drivers side door, press it again it will unlock all of the doors. If you have any other question, I will be happy to answer them. I sell Nissans @ Bales in Jeffersonville, IN. you can email me if you have any other questions, [email protected]

Pierre

DjTravisSW
Car: Nissan 240sx

Aries_TehGreat wrote:To answer your questions, The Intelligent key is amazing, I love them. They also come on the 07 Maxima and Murano. The only time that you have to touch the key is to change pants and for the ladies change purses. The key will send signals to the car with in 8ft. There is a manual key inside of the key fob, there is a little button on the back of the Intelligent key you slide it to the side and a manual key slides out. There is a little button on the door Handel, hit it once and it will only unlock the drivers side door, press it again it will unlock all of the doors. If you have any other question, I will be happy to answer them. I sell Nissans @ Bales in Jeffersonville, IN. you can email me if you have any other questions, [email protected]

Pierre
Possible to get this thing installed in any Nissan? Like an oooh, lets say a 95 240? lol

Maverick7687
Car: Sagemist(FSO) 1998 Maxima SE & Charcoal Metallic(KG2) 1993 240sx & My newly aquired Pearl White 1990

DjTravisSW wrote:Possible to get this thing installed in any Nissan? Like an oooh, lets say a 95 240? lol
I thought of that too. Anything is possible if you have all the componants.. I am sure all the equipment is rediculously priced.

jcoppley
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

I just bought my Infiniti M35x and love the keyless start; however, there is one move I have not figured out. I have the engine running. How do I turn the engine off and go directly to ACC (accesory) without turning everthing off and then going back to ACC? If I am in the middle of a phone call on the Bluetooth system, I want to turn off the engine without dropping the Bluetooth connection.

BTW: My wife's BMW 325 does this function nicely. If you turn the engine off, the Bluetooth system stays on the call until you hang up. That's the way it should work on the Infiniti. Not to say, the BMW system is better. In all other respects, the Infiniti has it beat.

J

shirk13
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5SL

jcoppley wrote:I just bought my Infiniti M35x and love the keyless start; however, there is one move I have not figured out. I have the engine running. How do I turn the engine off and go directly to ACC (accesory) without turning everthing off and then going back to ACC? If I am in the middle of a phone call on the Bluetooth system, I want to turn off the engine without dropping the Bluetooth connection.

BTW: My wife's BMW 325 does this function nicely. If you turn the engine off, the Bluetooth system stays on the call until you hang up. That's the way it should work on the Infiniti. Not to say, the BMW system is better. In all other respects, the Infiniti has it beat.

J
In order to go from Run to ACC you double tap the switch. Kinda like a double click on a mouse. The timing is crucial and may take some getting used to but it can be done.

Guillermo
Car: Nissan

My 2007 Nissan Altima has been failing to start. At times it takes up to 10 minutes before it starts when pushing the start button.The Nissan dealer told me it would cost $400 to have it checked and saud it is not covered by the warranty.

You mentioned using the key to start. I would love to be able to use the key, but I have not found a place to enter it. Where is this place to put it. Please let me know.

I think it is a complete rip off to sell a new product like this and not cover it under the warranty.I would recommend to not buy this type of car!

terrycs

Guillermo wrote:My 2007 Nissan Altima has been failing to start. At times it takes up to 10 minutes before it starts when pushing the start button.The Nissan dealer told me it would cost $400 to have it checked and saud it is not covered by the warranty.

You mentioned using the key to start. I would love to be able to use the key, but I have not found a place to enter it. Where is this place to put it. Please let me know.

I think it is a complete rip off to sell a new product like this and not cover it under the warranty.I would recommend to not buy this type of car!
How could it not be covered under warranty? When did you buy your car? I would NOT recommend your dealership for service! Is there another Nissan dealer nearby?

The mechanical key can never start your car with push button ignition. However, there is an i-key slot which you can place the ikey if it were to lose battery power.

In general, they have been very reliable.

ecrash
Car: Nissan altima

Hi I'm a new register
My altima 2009 has intelligent key but after I changed my battry's car , the security wants the ignation key. The car does not ACC II. Can I reprograming my car .please help me

cobj62
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima

I have a 2008 Nissan Altima. I have a problem with the keyless ignition. I found a solution by accident in getting my car started. On the dashboard near the door, between where the hood release and the trunk release switches, there is a port located there. When you slip your key in there with the keychain side outward, the brake light on the dashboard and starter switch should light up. At that point, you should be able to start your car. I have to do that each time when I need to drive anywhere. Just remember to remove the key, after turning off your car. I hope this helps.

speeddown
Car: Nissan Altima 2010 coupe

I know this topic is old but I'm hoping it can help out someone desperate like I was when I came across this article. Here is what happened to me:

My FOB battery was really low, sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't, just depended on how it was feeling that day lol. So I decided to buy a battery for it. Went to target and bought the batteries headed home. The next morning I woke up and did some laundry, went grab my work shirt out of my car and put my clothes washing. To get into my car I had to use the mechanical key, although I cannot remember I still had it in the FOB at this point or not.

So after I get my laundry going I sit down to replace the battery, but s***, my FOB is missing. I've searched f*** EVERYWHERE for this thing. So from what I've read on this forum and elsewhere, the fact that my car starts at all means that my FOB must be in my care somewhere right? Well this wouldn't be so perplexing if I hadn't searched every inch of the car and then some. My hands are actually bloody from digging in crazy spots where NOTHING ever falls just to cover all bases.

Well that night I had work, so I sit in my car expecting to become really depressed in a moment however the car turns on as if there were no issue at all. f*** wonderful! I'm a delivery driver so I stop and start all night, the FOB must be in there somewhere?

Well the next morning I get up, actually on time for once, and get in my car expecting it to turn because hell, it turned last night?!?!? Well my car says f*** youuuuuu I'm not turning today. You'll miss Pre-Calc and your Informatics class, eat that ***hole. So I'm trying to turn the car on, I'm sticking things in the FOB slot, thinking maybe if I have the mechanical key, just satisfying the slots "Input" mechanisms might allow it to turn. No luck for about an hour, totally starting to lose it at this point.

I sit down in the car and I decide to try messing with the FOB slot one more time. I notice that if I push it in with my finger, it clicks at a certain point, too much pressure and no good, too little and nnothing but push it in just enough and I get a click but the car still won't start. I'm a Computer Science major, and this ignition is using some kind of circuit design to start on so I start thinking maybe I can catch one of those gates by luck in between it's states and wal-frikin-la, it starts! Basically I found the spot in the FOB slot with by using my finger to push it where it made a faint click. Repeadetly, and really quickly, I used my left hand/finger to push the slot to the click and off realllllly fast. At the same time I pushed the ignition button many times very quickly. It caught and it started. Now I know that it might just be because of the FOB but let me tell you that I had been trying for a LONG time. I can't help but think this had something to do with it.

TLDR:
Started car with missing FOB that !!!MAY!!! be in the car;
Pushed FOB slot very fast with left hand while very quickly pushing ignition button with right;
I !!DO!! have my mechanical key;
Not sure at all if this helped but it seemed to be the thing that worked..

Ansari443
Car: aaaaaaaaaaaa

well I just swapped out the 15amp fuse that says audio amp and everythings working again, funny thing is the old one doesn't look blown and I thought that these model Pathys had no amps and were powered completely by the head unit...oh well, thanks for the tip, I guess if it goes out again I know where to look but it maybe something more if it does go out again.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”