Nissan Rogue tail light replacement

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jack1usa

I'm trying to replace the passenger side Nissan Rogue tail light but I just can't seem to figure out how to do it. I am able to remove the part but I can't find how to unplug it...I've already disassemble most of the side and just can't find a role to get to the connector...does any of you have done it? if you so, can you please help?

Thanks.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

jack1usa wrote:I'm trying to replace the passenger side Nissan Rogue tail light but I just can't seem to figure out how to do it. I am able to remove the part but I can't find how to unplug it...I've already disassemble most of the side and just can't find a role to get to the connector...does any of you have done it? if you so, can you please help?

Thanks.
twist the bulb socked out

jack1usa

Thanks...maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'm trying to remove the whole DAMAGED tail light. There is a connector where the tail light plugs that is inside the vehicle somewhere...I have no idea how to get to it.

vpkbandi
Car: Nissan Rogue 2008

Hello Jack:

Did you have any luck to get to the plug wire ? I am having the same issue to change the complete tail light. I could not know how to get to the connector?

Please share your experience.
Thanks
K

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

light on the hatch, or the quarter panel?

vpkbandi
Car: Nissan Rogue 2008

Hello there:
Thanks for reaching out.

I am trying to replace the whole tail light panel.
Below is the image in the URL.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GC ... ge_o00_s00

Sorry I am new here and don't know how to attach images.
Thanks
K

teekay228

To anyone having trouble, after searching quite a while I finally found something detailing what you need to do.
The owner's manual does mention it also, but confused me on where the cover you need to remove is.
The cover to remove is on your lift gate (the "trunk" door). You have to take out your brake light fixture to get to the bulb sockets.
Here's a video I found on it!

http://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2008_ ... erse_light

Hope it helps.

teekay228

Oops never mind that's not what it is sorry I misread the issue.

I did have a damaged taillight also though. I replaced it simply by unscrewing the damaged one, taking out the bulbs (replacing them if need be), and then installing the new replacement piece. If your bulbs work there's no need to do more right?

drummerguy
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV FWD

Sorry posted in wrong forum
My passenger side tail gate tail light stopped working...replaced bulbs made no difference. Now the side tail light adjacent to it stopped working also. Cannot be a fuse because it controls both sides of the vehicle and only one side is not working...gave up trying to fix it and made appointment with dealer.
Going out tonight my radio and climate control instrument lights did not come on...display is fine. Rotated the headlight switch back and forth..made no difference still off. Finally stopped the vehicle and turned headlight switch completely off and then back on.... lights come back on like normal.
Has anyone had this issue before with their radio and climate control lights before?....If the repair is turning them on and off again I am not too concerned. I cannot see how this would be related to my tail lights...it must just be a coincidence. Rogue has been great until now.

drummerguy

again posted in wrong forum,
Update.......dealer found short in wire leading to tail light....other tail light lacks power but ran out of time to diagnose......Would have fixed the one with splicing in a new wire but it is aluminium and he needs to get a hold of an aluminium soldering kit....I thought the dealer had everything..Anyways the ideal thing would be to replace with a new wiring harness but that is $3000.00!

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Holy crap!

Like I said earlier, that dealerships really try to squeeze every last penny from their customers.

I know basic soldering I learned from YouTube, but how the hell can a repair cost $3,000 with a new harness.

I’ll wait for the aluminum wire and a soldering tool.
If I knew where the short was, I just buy some wire and soldering tool both for under $10 bucks on eBay.

Plus heat shrink.

You might as well save that money for a cvt transmission if it ever fails.

Are they out of their bloody mind! :eek:

drummerguy

Ya totally shocked me to.......anyways I hope this is an isolated incident.....I know things happen over time but my vehicle is still fairly new with low miles (34,000 km.) Probably looking at around 3 hrs labour.....ouch.....

Return to “Rogue Forum”