Nissan Rogue 2009 HID DRL

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
drencre
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Anybody can suggest any nice HID 9005 that works with DRL on my rogue 2009 ?

I have tried 2 type and no drl are working ,

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I think only the Canadian T31's came with standard DRL's, and those were silly "dimbulb" types. On most gen1 Rogues you'll need to wire them. The best method is a relay driven by the fuel pump power wire. That way the DRL's will only be on when the engine runs.

drencre
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I am canadian hehe, that is why im trying to find hid 9005 that will work also with DRL, so far no success

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

drencre wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:17 pm
I am canadian hehe, that is why im trying to find hid 9005 that will work also with DRL, so far no success
Oh, gotcha. That explains that. :blush:

LED's won't work with the dimbulb setup unless you get a wiring diagram and find a way to ballast them. The dimbulbs work by putting the high beams in parallel at night but in series as DRL's during the day. Putting them in series makes each bulb half as bright, but that won't work right with LED's. There's no hope at all with HID's. Those are basically welding torches in a can, so they only have two speeds, on and off. To do high-low with a single bulb they use a solenoid that changes the focus. Instead of messing with that, I'd just disable the factory DRL's and either drill some 3W eagle eyes into the bumper cover or mount a pair of 3-LED light bars in the grille. If you run them off a relay switched by the fuel pump circuit, they'll only activate when the engine is running.

Return to “Rogue Forum”