Nissan Quest 2011 hesitate on acceleration

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
will2km
Car: Nissan Quest 2011 SL

Hi all,

I am frustrated on this issue I am having, please advise if you know what's happening.

Started around Oct. last year, my 2011 Quest started to hesitate on acceleration. There is no code or engine light. I took it to a dealership, they told me to wait for the light to come on, but 4 months passed...

Here are the symptoms/routines I collected so far

1. It will not happen when the engine is cold, but will definitely happen after 10min of driving.
2. It only occurs when at hard acceleration from stopping or idling. If I press the pedal gently, everything will be normal
3. When it happens, I noticed the engine will rev from <1000rpm to around 1800rpm, stay there for about 3 seconds, then surge up
4. I tried to use OD off mode but it doesn't help.
5. It feels like the transmission wants to shift gear up but decides to wait a bit even though it's a CVT.
6. The upside is I am a much better driver now. :-)

Any comment is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome!

A few questions.
Is this the original CVT?
How many miles on the odometer?
When was the last time the CVT was serviced? Nissan recommends at minimum that the CVT fluid is checked every 3,000 miles.

If regular service has not been done you could try having the service dept. flush the CVT and refill with new fluid. With any luck this might solve your problem.

Unfortunately it sounds like your CVT might be on it's way out.

rabidus
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue
2012 Nissan Quest

Check the intake hose between the air filter and throttle body for cracks. I have a 2012 and I couldn't figure it out, eventually it threw a code, but I still had to figure it out though, and that's what it was.

Under hard excelleratuin, it will pull in too much air through the cracks in the intake hose, which was not calculated by the mass air sensor.

drgtr
Car: 2011 Nissan Elgrand e52 VQ35de CVT

Can vouch for Rabidus comment. Common. Intake pip crack , loose clamp or loose vacuum lines

Return to “Quest Forum”