Nissan Quest (2004) Odometer Display Unreadable...

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
thumper300zx
Car: 2004 Nissan Quest
1991 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo (Manual)
1986 Nissan 300zx Turbo (Manual)
1971 Datsun 240z (Manual)

Hey forum -- I'm new here, but certainly not new to Nissans or Nissan forums :)

I've got a 2004 Nissan Quest -- along with all the typical problems (rotors, exhaust rattle, millions of interior rattles, etc etc), I have one this one that only a few choice people have. The odometer, fuel level, and temperature readings are no longer readable. This all started one day when visiting family in San Diego. We were parked under a roof and had the windows open. It rained like crazy that night, but as it was under a roof, no rain could get into the car. HOWEVER, I got into the car, and moisture had condensed heavily on the seats, dash, etc. Ever since, the reading has been intermittently visible. As time has gone on, the reading shows up less and less, until now, it has been several months and we've not been able to read it at all.

I asked my local Nissan how they deal with this, and I was told they could replace the cluster, pull the odometer reading, and reset the new odometer to the proper mileage. However, I called Courtesy Nissan and was told this is not the case, and that if I ever sold the car it would have be sold as UNKNOWN MILEAGE. I have a feel Courtesy is actually wrong on this one.

I also read one thread in this forum dealing with the issue: faulty-odometer-on-2004-quest-any-way-t ... 94315.html

I purchased a used odometer on eBAY. I pulled the old one and this "new" one works great...however, the mileage is 85K while I was right around 110K on my Quest, and obviously this would be "tampering". I found the company that rebuilds them -- they were closed today so I couldn't get a hold of them. $160 wouldn't be outrageous, but it's a bit more than I hoped to pay :)

Thanks for your help. I love so many things about our 2004 Quest, but the rotors/brakes/wheel rattle and interior rattles have driven me crazy since about 6 months of owning the car. Very disappointing :(

Return to “Quest Forum”